|Source information needed!
The Alliance Expedition, also known as the Draenor Expedition, or the Alliance expeditionary force, was a military venture to the orc homeworld of Draenor following the Second War, with the goal of reclaiming the Book of Medivh from Ner'zhul, and stopping the orc from opening portals to other worlds once and for all.
The expeditionary forces were led by:
- Archmage Khadgar of Dalaran.
- Turalyon, paladin of the Silver Hand, Supreme Commander.
- Ranger Captain Alleria Windrunner of Quel'Thalas, Lead Scout and Intelligence Agent.
- Kurdran Wildhammer of Aerie Peak, Commander of the Gryphon Rider Division.
- Stromgarde Militia Captain Danath Trollbane, Force Commander and Tactical Advisor.
While the expedition was ultimately successful in retrieving the Book of Medivh following a string of military victories on Draenor, Ner'zhul had learned enough from the book to succeed with his plan to open numerous portals. Knowing that this would cause the destruction of Draenor, the Alliance forces chose to close the Dark Portal in order to protect Azeroth from the forces Ner'zhul had unleashed. Their fate was currently unknown to those on Azeroth. They were last seen entering a portal to escape the destruction of Draenor. When Ner'zhul and his forces entered a different portal, they were immediately captured by the Burning Legion, though the fate of the Alliance Expedition was unknown.
In Burning Crusade
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
- Khadgar is located in Shattrath City in Terokkar Forest.
- Danath is located at Honor Hold in Hellfire Peninsula.
- Kurdran and Sky'ree are located at Wildhammer Stronghold in Shadowmoon Valley.
- Allerian Stronghold, on the edge of Auchindoun in Terokkar Forest, is named after Alleria, which assumes that she has been there; her location however, is unknown.
- Turalyon's whereabouts are unknown.
- Turalyon and Alleria had a child who reports the two of them missing.
Though Turalyon was the Supreme Commander of the Alliance following the death of Anduin Lothar, the Alliance Expedition itself was led by Khadgar, who had called for the army to be rallied at Nethergarde and led into the Dark Portal to Draenor. As Khadgar's task was by far the most important - to retrieve the Book of Medivh and seal the Dark Portal to save Azeroth from destruction - Turalyon and his lieutenants deferred to him when it came to ways to achieve that task. Otherwise, the command of the Expedition's forces fell under Turalyon's purview.
|Alleria Windrunner||Head scout||Alive||Vindicaar; Argus|
|Danath Trollbane||Militia commander||Alive||Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula|
|Herrick||Right hand of Danath||Unknown|
|Khadgar||Leader||Alive||Terrace of Light, Shattrath City; Ulduar; Vale of Eternal Blossoms; Various Blasted Lands and Draenor; Various Dalaran, Deadwind Pass, Broken Isles, and Argus|
|Kurdran Wildhammer||Commander of the Gryphon Rider Division||Alive||Wildhammer Stronghold, Shadowmoon Valley|
|Malgor Devidicus||Alive||Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula|
|Turalyon||High General||Alive||Vindicaar; Argus|
|Vargoth||Alive||Violet Tower, Netherstorm, later Archmage Vargoth's Retreat, Dalaran|
|Verana||Right hand of Alleria||Unknown|