- Not available on the web, apparently.
Effective February 28, 2015
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
THIS VERSION OF THE BATTLE.NET END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE ON FEBRUARY 28, 2015.
YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) BEFORE INSTALLING THE BATTLE.NET CLIENT OR USE THE BATTLE.NET SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT INSTALL THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Thank you for your interest in Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.’s (“Blizzard” or “we”) Battle.net® service (the “Service”) and Blizzard’s interactive games (“Games”). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which you are licensed to install and use the Battle.net client software (“Battle.net Client”) to obtain access to the Service, and use Games on the Service. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO INSTALL, COPY OR USE THE BATTLE.NET CLIENT OR ANY OF THE GAMES. IF YOU REJECT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS AFTER YOUR PURCHASE OF A GAME FROM BLIZZARD, YOU MAY CONTACT BLIZZARD AT 1-800-592-5499 TO INQUIRE ABOUT A FULL REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THAT GAME. IF YOU PURCHASED A GAME AT RETAIL, YOUR RIGHT TO RETURN THE GAME IS SUBJECT TO THE RETAILER’S RETURN POLICY.
1. The Service.
A. The Battle.net Account. To use the Service, you must register, or have previously established, an account on the Service (an “Account”). Creation and use of Accounts are subject to the following terms and conditions:
i. You may establish an Account only if: (i) you are a “natural person” and an adult in your country of residence (Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, partnerships and other legal or business entities may not establish an Account); and (ii) you are not an individual specifically prohibited by Blizzard from using the Service.
ii. The maximum number of Accounts that a person may register on the Service is limited to no more than three (3) Accounts.
iv. To add a Game license to an Account, an authentication key generated by Blizzard is required. The authentication code will be included in the packaging materials for Games purchased at retail, and for Games purchased digitally from Blizzard, the authentication code will be assigned to the Account when the Game is purchased. A Game license must be added to an Account before you can play that Game.
v. During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a unique username and/or a password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”). You agree that you will not use your real name as the password for the Account, and that you will not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
vi. Please review Blizzard’s Battle.net <a href="http://us.battle.net/en/security/">Account Security information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information and the Account, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Blizzard at Battle.net Support.
vii. Subject to the laws of your country of residence, minor children may utilize an Account established by their parent or legal guardian. In the event that you permit your minor child or legal ward (collectively, your “Child”) to use an Account on the Service, you hereby agree to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and your Child, and you understand and agree that you will be responsible for all uses of the Account by your Child whether or not such uses were authorized by you.
viii. Your use of the Service and Games to interact with Blizzard and other players is governed by Blizzard’s In-Game Policies which are maintained and enforced exclusively by Blizzard (the “In-game Policies”). The In-Game Policies are not meant to be exhaustive. The In-Game Policies are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference, and is available for your review here.
ix. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using your Account. If you choose a recurring subscription for a Game, you acknowledge that payments will be processed automatically (e.g., debited from your Battle.net Balance or charged to your credit card) until you cancel the subscription or the Account. Blizzard may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLIZZARD IS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND AMOUNTS PAID TO BLIZZARD FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE, FOR ANY REASON.
x. Blizzard shall have the right to monitor and/or record your communications when you use the Service. When You use the Service, you acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning your communications. Blizzard reserves the right to disclose your communications for any reason, including without limitation: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce the terms of this Agreement or any other Blizzard policy; (c) to protect our legal rights and remedies; (d) to protect the health or safety of anyone we believe may be threatened; or (e) to report a crime or other offensive behavior.
B. Grant of License. If you accept and comply with the terms of this Agreement, Blizzard will grant and you will receive a non-sub licensable, and non-exclusive license to use the Service and Games subject to the “License Limitations,” set forth in Section C below, as follows:
i. You may install the Battle.net Client on one or more computers under your legitimate control to access and use the Service.
ii. You may use the Service for your personal and non-commercial entertainment purposes only, unless otherwise set forth in this Agreement.
iii. You may make and distribute copies of the Battle.net Client free of charge for other potential users’ provided they agree to the terms of this Agreement.
iv. You may not transfer your rights and obligations to use the Service.
v. With regards to Games that are purchased from retailers on original media (e.g., on CD-ROM, DVD, etc.) you may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations related to the use of a Game under this Agreement to another person who agrees to the terms of this Agreement by physically transferring the original media, original packaging, and all manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game provided that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control. You agree to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer. Other than as set forth above, Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfer of the Games; and
vi. Certain Games may be subject to specific license terms that may include the following:
1. Trial or ‘Starter’ versions of Games allow you to play a limited version of the Game before you will be required to purchase a Game license from Blizzard. Licenses to use the full version of these Games can be purchased through the Service.
2. In certain cases, the “full version,” of Games can only be played after you purchase a license for the Game.
3. You may play the Game(s) you have licensed at publicly available cyber cafés or computer gaming centers on the Service through an Account registered to you.
C. License Limitations. You agree and acknowledge that the foregoing license is revoked any time that you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:
i. Derivative Works: Copy or reproduce (except as provided in Section 1(B)), translate, reverse, engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or related to the Battle.net Client, Service, or Games.
ii. Cheating: Create, use, offer, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
1. cheats; i.e. methods, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
2. bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, the Service and/or any component or feature thereof, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
3. hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of a Game or the Service in an manner, not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
4. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Battle.net client, the Service, a Game and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay;
iii. Prohibited Commercial Uses: Exploit, in their entirety or individual components, the Battle.net Client, the Service or the Game(s) for any purpose not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including, without limitation (i) playing the Game(s) at commercial establishments (subject to Section 1(B)(vi)(3)); (ii) gathering in-game currency, items, or resources for sale outside of the Service or the Game(s); (iii) performing in-game services, like power-leveling, in exchange for payment outside of the Service or the Game(s); or (iv) communicating or facilitating (by text, live audio communications, or otherwise) any commercial advertisement, solicitation or offer through or within the Service or the Game(s).
iv. Data Mining: Use third-party software that intercepts, collects, reads, or “mines” information generated or stored by the Battle.net Client, Service or the Game(s); provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third-party user interfaces;
v. Duplicated Items: Create, utilize or transact in any in-game item created or copied by exploiting a design flaw, undocumented problem, or program bug in the Service or the Game(s);
vi. Matchmaking: Host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game(s), or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play (except as expressly authorized by Blizzard), or as part of content aggregation networks;
vii. Unauthorized Connections: Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Service or the Game(s) including without limitation (i) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (ii) any connection using third-party programs or tools not expressly authorized by Blizzard;
viii. Transfers: Attempt to sell, sublicense, rent, lease, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any copy of the Game(s) or your rights to the Game(s) to any other party in any way not expressly authorized herein;
ix. Disruption: Disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment; or (ii) any other player’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
x. You agree that you will not, in connection with your use of a Game or the Service, violate any applicable law or regulation.
D. Game and Service Features.
i. Service Features.
2. Battle.net Balance.
a. As an active Account holder, you may participate in Blizzard’s Battle.net Balance service (“Battle.net Balance”). Battle.net Balance can only be used to obtain certain products and services offered by Blizzard; it has no cash value. Blizzard grants you a limited license to acquire, use, and redeem Battle.net Balance pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. Regardless of how it is acquired, Battle.net Balance is non-transferable to another person or Account, does not accrue interest, is not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and, unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, is not redeemable or refundable for any sum of money or monetary value from Blizzard at any time. Battle.net Balance does not constitute a personal property right. Battle.net Balance is not a bank account.
b. To purchase Battle.net Balance, go to https://us.battle.net/account/management/ebalance-purchase.html and follow the instructions provided to you on that page. You may choose to purchase Battle.net Balance in different currencies (e.g., US Dollars, Mexican Pesos, Chilean Pesos, and Argentinean Pesos) in order to redeem your Battle.net Balance for certain products and/or services offered on Battle.net. It may take up to five (5) days before purchases of Battle.net Balance are made available for your use. Certain minimums may apply to purchases of Battle.net Balance, and the maximum balance of your Battle.net Balance at any time is limited to the equivalent of $250.00 USD, and the maximum value of all transactions using Battle.net Balance is limited to $2,000.00 USD per day. The balance of your Battle.net Balance shall be determined by converting the Battle.net Balance across all of the various currencies in your Battle.net Balance on all Accounts registered to you to the equivalent of US Dollars using the currency conversion formulas posted on http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3021-forex.html. Blizzard reserves the right to change the maximum and minimum amounts applicable to Battle.net Balances at any time by notifying you in accordance with Section 8 of this Agreement. Transactions to purchase Battle.net Balance, or redeem Battle.net Balance for certain goods and services from Blizzard, are governed by the terms of this Agreement and the Blizzard Terms of Sale, which can be viewed at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofsale.html. Purchases of Battle.net Balance are non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law. IN ORDER TO HAVE A BATTLE.NET BALANCE OF MORE THAN $10.00 USD, YOU MUST ATTACH A BATTLE.NET AUTHENTICATOR TO YOUR ACCOUNT. You can download the Battle.net Authenticator for mobile devices at https://us.battle.net/account/support/mobile-auth-download.html, or you can purchase a Battle.net Authenticator at http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse.xml?f=c:6,c:29.
c. Blizzard will not send you a statement of itemized transactions for your Battle.net Balance. In order to check the balance of your Battle.net Balance or review your recent Battle.net Balance transactions, go to https://us.battle.net/account/management/transaction-history.html. You are solely responsible for verifying that the proper amount of Battle.net Balance has been added to or deducted from your Battle.net Balance.
d. Sales tax may apply to your redemption of Battle.net Balance for Blizzard products or services in some jurisdictions. The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the type of product or service purchased.
e. Blizzard reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Battle.net Balance, or other Blizzard Games or Service features if Blizzard determines in its sole discretion, after investigation, that you have misused Battle.net Balance or have otherwise used Battle.net Balance to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.
f. You are responsible for all uses of your Battle.net Balance. If you suspect that your Battle.net Balance has been compromised, you should contact Blizzard Customer Service at http://www.battle.net/support so that the matter can be investigated. Blizzard, in its sole discretion, may require additional information and/or documentation to verify your claim, and once Blizzard has the information that Blizzard deems necessary to verify your claim, Blizzard will take actions to freeze your Account until Blizzard has returned control of your Account to you. Regardless of any actions Blizzard may take on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that Blizzard has sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not your claim is valid and, if so, the appropriate remedy.
3. Advertising. Blizzard’s Games and the Service may incorporate third-party technology that enables advertising on the Service and/or in certain Games playable on the Service, which may be downloaded temporarily to your personal computer and replaced during online game play. As part of this process, Blizzard and/or its authorized third party advertisers may collect standard information that is sent when your personal computer connects to the Internet including your Internet protocol (IP) address.
4. User Created or Uploaded Content. The Service and certain Games may provide you an opportunity to upload and display content on the Service and/or as part of a Game, including the compilation, arrangement or display of such content (collectively, the “User Content”). User Content specifically does not include a Custom Game, as defined in Section 1(D)(ii)(1) below. You hereby grant Blizzard a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid up, non-exclusive right and license to exploit the User Content and all elements thereof, in any and all media, formats and forms, known now or hereafter devised. Blizzard shall have the unlimited right to copy, reproduce, fix, modify, adapt, translate, reformat, prepare derivatives, add to and delete from, rearrange and transpose, manufacture, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, provide access to, broadcast, and practice the User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof and any and all elements contained therein, and use or incorporate a portion or portions of the User Content or the elements thereof in conjunction with or into any other material. Except to the extent that any such waiver is prohibited by law, you hereby waive the benefit of any provision of law known as "moral rights" or "droit moral" or any similar law in any country of the world.You represent and warrant that the User Content does not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of any third party. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any User Content. You further represent and warrant that you will not use or contribute User Content that is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Blizzard may remove any User Content and any related content or elements from the Service at its sole discretion.
5. Real ID Feature and Identity Disclosure. The Service allows you to disclose your identity to other users of the Service through the “Real ID Friends” feature. If you use the Real ID feature and opt-in to a request to be “Real ID Friends” with another user, that user will be able to see your real name and online status. Certain features, such as the Battle.net Voice Chat Client, are only available between users of the Service who have opted in to the Real ID feature. IF YOU OPT-IN TO THE REAL ID FEATURE, THOSE PEOPLE YOU DESIGNATE AS A “REAL ID FRIEND” WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE NAMES OF YOUR OTHER “REAL ID FRIENDS,” AND YOUR NAME AND ONLINE STATUS WILL BE VISIBLE BY THOSE PEOPLE THAT YOUR “REAL ID FRIENDS” HAVE DESIGNATED USING THE SAME FEATURE. You may opt out of the Real ID feature at any time by deleting all Real ID Friends from your Account.
ii. Game Features.
1. Game Editors. Certain Games, such as “StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty®”, and “StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm®”, include software (hereafter referred as “Game Editor(s)”) that will allow you to create custom games, levels, maps, scenarios or other content (“Custom Games”). For purposes of this Agreement and any agreements referenced herein, “Custom Games” includes all content created using the Game Editor(s), including but not limited to all digital files associated with such Custom Games, as well as (1) all content contained within such files, including but not limited to player and non-player characters, audio and video elements, environments, objects, items, skins, and textures, (2) all titles, trademarks, trade names, character names, or other names and phrases associated with or included within the Custom Game, and (3) any other intellectual property rights contained within the Custom Game, including any and all content, game concepts, methods or ideas. A Custom Game may only be used with the Game’s engine that is associated with a particular Game Editor. The manner in which Custom Games can be used or exploited is set forth in the Custom Game Acceptable Use Policy, the terms of which are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference, and which can be found at http://blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/acceptable-use.html. Blizzard may modify, remove, disable, or delete Custom Games at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Community Tournaments. In order to support local e-sports tournament activities, Blizzard hereby grants you a limited, revocable license and right to organize and host small, community tournaments, or a series of tournaments utilizing certain Games (“Community Tournaments”) subject to your compliance with the following conditions:
a. The total value of all prizes to be awarded during a Community Tournament must be less than Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00 USD) or the equivalent;
b. If you wish to broadcast a Community Tournament, you must comply with the broadcast requirements set forth at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/sc2-tournament.html
c. You may not charge fees of any kind for spectators to watch the Community Tournament;
d. A Community Tournament cannot be sponsored by any companies that sell or promote any of the following products: Pornography (or extremely mature materials); alcohol; tobacco; firearms; competitive online computer games; gambling websites; or any company that is detrimental to Blizzard’s business (hacking, gold services, account selling, key sellers);
e. Community Tournaments must comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
f. The rules of the Community Tournament must promote fairness such that skill in playing the Game is what determines who will win or lose a match in the Community Tournament.
For a list of the Games that are eligible for Community Tournaments, or for more information or promotional materials please, visit Blizzard’s Community Tournament website at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/sc2-tournament.html. If you would like to host and/or organize a tournament with any conditions different than the conditions listed above, please contact Blizzard at http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/sc2-tournament.html for the necessary licenses.
3. Beta Testing Pre-Release Versions of Games. Certain pre-release versions of Games (“Betas”) may be made available to you through the Service for testing (“Beta Testing”). Beta Testing through the Service will be governed by the following:
a. Eligibility. In order to participate in a Beta Test, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Blizzard must designate you as a Beta tester;
2. The Account that you will use to participate in the Beta Test must be in good standing;
3. If the Beta to be Beta Tested is an expansion to another Game, then the Account must be upgraded with all expansions to that particular Game;
4. You must be an adult in your country of residence;
5. You agree to allow Blizzard to obtain hardware and software information from the computer system that you will use to take part in the Beta Test (the “System”) prior to registration for the Beta Test in order for Blizzard to determine if you are eligible to participate in the Beta; and
6. The System must meet the specifications which Blizzard determines are required for the Beta Test.
b. Confidentiality. Certain Beta Tests may be determined by Blizzard to be Confidential. If a Beta Test is confidential, you will be informed of the confidential nature of the Beta Test in your invitation to participate in the Beta Test. During a confidential Beta Test, the existence of the Beta and all elements thereof is to be considered confidential. Accordingly, you agree to maintain secrecy associated with a confidential Beta Test until such time as Blizzard informs you that the Beta Test is no longer confidential. For purposes of example and not limitation, you agree that you will not disclose the following during a confidential Beta Test:
1. Information about the Beta Test, such as your role as a Beta Tester, the length of the Beta Test, the number of Beta Testers, how you became a Beta Tester, etc.
2. Information related to the Game that you are Beta Testing, such as the game’s look and feel, playable races, classes, combat, magic, communication, grouping, questing, monetary systems, non-player character interaction, items, armor, weapons, stability of the Game, etc.
c. Beta Testing Real Money Features. Certain Games may have features that will allow you to purchase licenses to use digital items or services through the Game’s interface. If you purchase a license to use a digital item or service through the Game’s interface during a Beta Test, all purchases are subject to the Terms of Sale. Blizzard will not provide you with a refund for your purchase of a digital item or service, and items or services purchased during a Beta Test will not be transitioned to the retail release version of a Game in most instances. During your purchase of digital goods or services for real money during a Beta Test, Blizzard will provide you with information that explains what, if any, credit you would receive for your purchase after the Beta Test for that Game has concluded.
d. Feedback. During and after the Beta Test, Blizzard may provide you with an opportunity to provide Blizzard with comments, suggestions and impressions of the Beta by using tools to supply feedback and bug reports, internal websites and forums, and other methods. The Beta may also include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward system and driver information to Blizzard in the event of a crash. This tool will collect data from your computer system related to the crash, and allow you to forward a report to Blizzard via electronic mail.
e. Acknowledgments. You acknowledge that:
1. the Beta is a work in progress and may contain bugs which may cause loss of data and/or damage to your computer system;
2. you have, or will, back-up your hard drive prior to installation of the Beta;
3. you have the resources necessary to easily reinstall your operating system and restore any and all data that may be lost;
4. Blizzard is not liable in any way for the loss of data or damage to the System, interruptions of service, software or hardware failures, or loss of data or disruption of service;
5. Blizzard may monitor and record any and all communications, electronic or otherwise, pertaining to the Beta including, without limitation, packets, chat, email, message board postings, etc.;
6. Blizzard may delete or modify the information stored by the Beta for any reason at any time during the duration of the Beta Test;
7. Blizzard may transfer software program files to the System, including a program that will collect and send Blizzard CPU, RAM, operating system, video card, and sound card information from the System; and
8. You may not sell, transfer or commercially exploit access to a Beta, including the distribution of Beta keys without Blizzard’s express authorization.
f. Termination. Blizzard may terminate a Beta Test at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. Upon termination of the Beta Test, you must delete the Beta and all documents and materials you received from Blizzard in connection with the Beta Test, and remove any elements of the Beta from any hard drives on which the Beta has been installed. You agree and acknowledge that Blizzard’s termination of the Beta Test shall not be grounds for any refunds of any kind, including, but not limited to, refunds for time purchased to access World of Warcraft.
g. Sections of the Agreement Applicable to Beta Tests. When participating in a Beta Test, the terms of this Section 1(D)(ii)(4) shall supersede and govern over any other Section of this Agreement which may be in conflict with the terms of this Section 1(D)(ii)(4). Additionally, Section 1(B)(v), and 1(B)(vi)(3) of the Agreement are specifically excluded from the use of a Beta.
2. Blizzard’s Ownership.
A. Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Battle.net Client, the Service, the Games, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof. The Service or the Games may contain materials licensed by third-parties to Blizzard, and these third-parties may enforce their ownership rights against you in the event that you violate this Agreement. The following, without limitation, are owned or licensed by Blizzard:
i. All virtual content appearing within the Service or the Games, such as:
1. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;
2. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;
3. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;
4. Items: Virtual goods, currency, potions, wearable items, pets, mounts, etc.;
ii. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Service or the Games;
iii. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Service or the Games;
iv. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;
v. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;
vi. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Service or the Games;
vii. All Accounts. Note that Blizzard owns all Accounts, and that all use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;
viii. All Moral Rights that relate to the Service or a Game, including Custom Games, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and
ix. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Service or the Games, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addendum to this Agreement.
3. Pre-Loaded Software. The Service may contain additional software that requires you to agree to additional terms prior to your use (“Additional Software”).
A. Installation. You agree that Blizzard may install Additional Software on your hard drive as part of the installation of the Battle.net Client, and from time to time during the term of this Agreement.
B. Use. Unless Blizzard grants you a valid license and alphanumeric key to use and activate the Additional Software, you may not access, use, distribute, copy, display, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile or create derivative works based on the Additional Software. In the event that Blizzard grants to you a valid license and alphanumeric key to use and activate the Additional Software, all use of the Additional Software shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement.
C. Copies. You may make one (1) copy of the Additional Software for archival purposes only.
4. Consent to Monitor. WHEN RUNNING, A GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1(C)(ii) ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE GAME MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.
5. Limited Warranty. THE SERVICE, ACCOUNTS, BATTLE.NET CLIENT AND THE GAME(S) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” BASIS FOR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION UNINTERRUPTED USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Service, Battle.net Client and the Game(s) remains with the user. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Blizzard warrants up to and including ninety (90) days from the date of your purchase of a license to the Game that the media on which the Game was distributed, if any, shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. In the event that such media proves to be defective during that time period, and upon presentation to Blizzard of proof of purchase of the defective media, Blizzard will at its option: (a) correct any defect, (b) provide you with a similar product of similar value, or (c) refund your money. THE FOREGOING IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties so the above limitations may not apply to you.
If you are a resident of Australia, the benefits provided to you by this Limited Warranty are in addition to other rights or remedies you may have under local laws related to the goods to which the warranty applies. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The provisions of this clause containing the Limited Warranty and the clause containing the Limitation of Liability and Indemnity below apply only to the extent permitted by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). The entitlement to a replacement or a refund for a major failure is not subject to Blizzard’s option. To submit a warranty claim to Blizzard, please call 1800 041 378 or send to PO Box 544, Pyrmont NSW 2009 Australia. The user is responsible for the costs of returning media to Blizzard.
6. Limitations of Liability. Blizzard, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of your use of, or inability to access or use, the Service, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Game(s). Blizzard’s liability shall never exceed the total fees paid by you to Blizzard during the six (6) months prior to your making a claim against Blizzard.
7. Indemnity. You hereby agree to defend and indemnify Blizzard against and from any third party claims, liabilities, losses, injuries, damages, costs or expenses incurred by Blizzard arising out of or from your use of the Service, Battle.net Client, Account or the Game(s), any specific services or features associated therewith, including but not limited to User Content, Custom Games, Game Editors, Battle.net Balance, and this Agreement. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, Blizzard’s liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Equitable Remedies. You agree that Blizzard would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Agreement were not specifically followed and enforced. In such an event, you agree that Blizzard shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies when you breach this Agreement; and that the awarding of equitable remedies to Blizzard will not limit its ability to receive remedies that are otherwise available to Blizzard under applicable laws.
A. Alterations to the Agreement.
i. Blizzard’s Rights. Blizzard may create updated versions of this Agreement (each a “New Agreement)” as the Service, the Games, and the law evolve.
ii. New Agreements. This Agreement will terminate immediately upon the introduction of a New Agreement. New Agreements will not be applied retroactively. You will be given an opportunity to review the New Agreement before choosing to accept or reject its terms.
1. Acceptance. If you accept the New Agreement, and if the Account registered to you remains in good standing, you will be able to continue using the Service, Battle.net Client, Account or the Game(s) subject to the terms of the New Agreement.
2. Rejection. If you decline to accept the New Agreement, or if you cannot comply with the terms of the New Agreement, you will no longer be permitted to use the Service, the Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Game(s).
B. Alterations to the Service and the Games. Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Service, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games without notice or liability.
10. Term and Termination.
A. Term. This Agreement is effective upon your creation of an Account, and shall remain in effect until for a reasonable period of time. In the event that Blizzard chooses to cease providing the Service, or license to a third party the right to provide the Service, Blizzard shall provide you with no less than three (3) months prior notice. Neither the Service nor Blizzard’s agreement to provide access to the Service shall be considered a rental or lease of time on the capacity of Blizzard's servers or other technology.
i. You are entitled to terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying Blizzard by email at email@example.com.
ii. Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.
iii. In the event of a termination of this Agreement, any right to any and all payments you may have made for pre-purchased game access to certain Games are forfeit, and you agree and acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts which were pre-paid on your Account prior to any termination of this Agreement, and you will not be able to use the Service to play Games.
11. Dispute Resolution. Any and all disputes between you and Blizzard which arose out of this Agreement will be resolved in accordance with the Blizzard Entertainment Dispute Resolution Policy, which is available for your review here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/dispute-resolution-policy.html.
12. Governing Law.
A. This Agreement shall be governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the United States of America and the law of the State of Delaware, without regard to choice of law principles.
B. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to this Agreement is expressly excluded.
C. If you are a (1) Canadian resident who has (2) purchased a license to a Game in Canada, other laws may apply if you choose not to agree to arbitrate as set forth above. Such laws shall affect this Agreement only to the extent required by such jurisdiction. If such laws apply, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be given their maximum effect.
D. Users who access the Service from outside of the United States and Canada, are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
A. The Game(s) may not be re-exported, downloaded or otherwise exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders. You represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
B. Blizzard may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign this Agreement without Blizzard’s prior written consent. Your assignment of this Agreement without Blizzard’s prior written consent shall be void.
C. Blizzard’s failure to enforce a provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a (1) waiver of such provision, or (2) diminishment of any right to enforce such provisions. Blizzard may choose to waive a provision of this Agreement in regards to a particular instance; however, you are still obligate to comply with that waived provision in the future.
i. If to Blizzard. All notices given by you under this Agreement shall be in writing and addressed to: Blizzard Entertainment, 16215 Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618, Attn: Law Department.
E. Blizzard shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Blizzard, such as natural disasters, unforeseen intrusions into our cyberspace, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
F. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then that portion shall be severed, and the remainder of this Agreement shall be given full force and effect.
G. This Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements. The provisions of Sections 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 13 shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason Not enough time allowed for user to copy full agreement apparently...