Beetles are insects found in a few areas of Azeroth. Some small beetles are critters, while larger ones are beasts. They are not silithid, although some silithid look like beetles. Those hardy insect can dwell in just about any climate and are known to thrive on battlefields after the fighting has ended.
|Specialization (upon taming)|
|The Beetle eats|
|The Beetle comes with|
|All pets come with|
Though hunters can respec their pet beetles into Cunning or Ferocity, they are inherently Tenacity. In addition to the abilities that come standard with all pets ( and ) and those given to their natural or retrained specialization, all beetles are given the following:
The subspecies below can be tamed by hunters.
- [60 Elite]
-  (light blue)
-  (dark blue)
-  (blue-green)
- [85 Elite] (blue-green; also green & red, light blue, and purple-red)
Mobs with levels can be tamed by hunters.
- Beetle (pet battle; Northern Stranglethorn, Cape of Stranglethorn, Badlands, Un'Goro Crater, Silithus)
- Creepy Crawly (pet battle; Durotar)
- Crystal Beetle (pet battle; Deepholm)
- Dung Beetle (pet battle; Durotar, Orgrimmar)
- Fire Beetle (pet battle; Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Un'Goro Crater, Blasted Lands, Mount Hyjal)
- Gold Beetle (pet battle; Badlands, Tanaris)
- Lava Beetle (pet battle; Burning Steppes)
- Sand Scarab (Trading Card Game, Tomb of the Forgotten)
- Savory Beetle (Krasarang Wilds)
- Scarab Hatchling (pet battle; Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom, Silithus)
- Stinkbug (pet battle; Tanaris)
- Tol'vir Scarab (pet battle; Uldum)
- Twilight Beetle (pet battle; Azshara, Deepholm, Mount Hyjal)
- Beetles commonly feed on plants and other smaller insects, though some species have developed very strange appetites. One species feeds entirely on ash and another is said to feed directly off the chaotic energies of the Old Gods.
- Beetles and their larvae have a variety of strategies to avoid being attacked by predators or parasitoids.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added as a tamable pet family.