Blizzard Balance (renamed in mid-2017? previously called "Battle.net Balance") is a storage account for digital currency usable within Blizzard Entertainment online shops with certain restrictions. As of April 19, 2018, gifting via the Blizzard Shop is available.
The Blizzard Balance is accessed from Blizzard account management settings (upper right).
Starting with the Diablo III beta test, a new feature called "Battle.net Balance" was made available to store virtual currency purchased with real money to buy game-related services (character transfers, digital products like companions, and items in Diablo III's real-money auction house). The feature was released in the US region on February 6, 2012. A couple of days later on February 8, 2012, the feature was release for the Europe region. As of February 2017, a could be traded for $15 USD / €13 EUR / £10 GBP of Battle.net Balance.
At the Battle.net Shop
You can apparently use your Blizzard Balance to purchase at the Battle.net Shop.
At the Blizzard Store
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-04-18. Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available!. Blizzard news.
- ^ File:Balance_at_top_of_Blizzard_Account_Settings.jpg
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2017-02-06. Trade a WoW® Token for Battle.net Balance. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2017-02-07. Trade a WoW® Token for Battle.net Balance. World of Warcraft official game site (EU).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2013-03-08. Battle.net Balance FAQ (Article ID: 783). Battle.net Support (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2013-03-09. Battle.net Balance FAQ (Article ID: 783). Battle.net Support (EU).
- ^ Hagut 2013-09-02. #3 - Battle net balance?. Official Support > Customer Support forum (EU). As stated in the (and quoted by Doomsinger), I'm afraid you can't use Battle.net balance for Blizzard Store purchases.
- Battle.net Balance Card
- Battle.net Gift Card
- Battle.net Shop (formerly Blizzard Store)
- Use of Blizzard Balance requires access to Account Management.