Though not carnivores, these wild swine are bad tempered; they usually charge anyone who disturbs them. A boar is covered in coarse, grayish-black fur. Adult males are about 4 feet long and 3 feet high at the shoulder. A boar is such a tenacious combatant that it continues to fight without penalty even while disabled or dying. ( )
Most boars are neutral when approached and are generally omnivorous. They start at around large dog-sized and get larger from there. Some boars are minions of the quilboars. Boars are found in Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Elwynn Forest, Redridge Mountains, Durotar, Mulgore, Blasted Lands, Razorfen Kraul, Razorfen Downs, Westfall, Eastern Plaguelands, and Teldrassil.
- Often killed early on for their food ingredient drops.
- There are three types of armored boar (the Agam'ars) that dwell in Razorfen Kraul; despite appearances, they are tamable by hunters.
- There are also undead and demon variety of boars.
|Specialization (upon taming)|
|The Boar eats|
|The Boar comes with|
|All pets come with|
Boars are very easy to feed, a feature that appeals to some hunters. Though hunters can respec their pet boars into Cunning or Ferocity, they are inherently Tenacity. In addition to the abilities that come standard with all pets ( and ) and those given to their natural or retrained specialization, all boars are given the following:
The subspecies below can be tamed by hunters. Orc hunters start with a black boar.
- [3-4] (brown)
- [16 Rare] (black)
- [24-28 Elite] (ghost brown, summoned)
- [27 Rare] (brown)
- [32-33 Elite] (brown)
- [32-33 Elite] (grey)
- [33-34 Elite] (black)
- [36 Rare] (black)
- [47 Rare] (grey)
-  (brown; Horde only)
Mobs with levels can be tamed by hunters.
- [48 Rare]
- [57 Rare]
- [16 Rare]
- [37 Rare]
- [47 Rare]
- [36 Rare]
- [7 Rare]
- [27 Rare]
- [43 Rare]
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonuses equalized. Damage had no bonus and now has +5% bonus. Health had a 10% bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Major changes. Charge removed as a learnable skill. Armor had a +9% bonus and now has a +5%. Health had a +4% bonus and now has +10%. Damage had a -10% penalty and now has no penalty.