Class Trials are a short starting experience originally introduced before players joined in the Broken Shore intro experience with boosted characters. It has since been updated to assist players with characters they might intend to Boost to level 110 for the Battle for Azeroth expansion.
The feature allows players to try various characters (specific class and Specialization) at level 110 as a part of a limited tutorial experience. The short tutorial experience focuses on using many of the core class abilities.
- At the character select screen, players may select "Class Trial" in the top center of the screen.
- They will then learn the basics of their chosen class within a phased environment, practicing against target dummies and mobs while being provided real-time tips.
- Once accomplished, they will then be able to participate in the Battle for Lordaeron scenario that serves as the opening for Battle for Azeroth.
- Players can try as many different classes as they would like before choosing one class to apply their level 110 character boost to.
- Presumably this feature is intended to lessen the occurrence of the so-called "boostard" phenomenon of players with very little experience trying to manage a high level character in a class/spec they have never played before.