Certain areas of World of Warcraft can only be accessed on or by using flying mounts.
-  , Part 4 of the Netherwing quest chain, which starts from Mordenai in Netherwing Fields.
-  (Isle of Quel'Danas / Throne of Kil'Jaeden)
-  , A daily quest in Coldarra that acts as training and practice for the final phase of the Malygos raid in the Eye of Eternity
- Many quests in Icecrown and Storm Peaks
These areas can be visited if you get a warlock to summon you.
- Throne of Kil'jaeden in Hellfire Peninsula
- Netherwing Ledge in Shadowmoon Valley
- Elemental Plateau in Nagrand
- The Barrier Hills, Skethyl Mountains, Blackwind Valley, Blackwind Lake and Skettis in Terokkar Forest
- Blade's Edge Mountains Plateaus in Blade's Edge Mountains
- A large portion of Storm Peaks
- A large portion of Icecrown
- Some areas of Sholazar Basin
- The Mechanar in Tempest Keep, Netherstorm
- The Botanica in Tempest Keep, Netherstorm
- The Arcatraz in Tempest Keep, Netherstorm
- The Eye in Tempest Keep, Netherstorm
Starting with patch 2.4.0 it is possible to be summoned by a warlock into the above instances.
- Naxxramas in Dragonblight
- Halls of Stone in Storm Peaks
- Halls of Lightning in Storm Peaks
- Ulduar in Storm Peaks
The above instances/raids were added in Wrath of the Lich King and patch 3.1.0