|Dancing Rune Weapon|
|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Dancing Rune Weapon is a death knight ability learned at level 74 for death knights with the blood specialization. It allows the death knight to summon a rune weapon to fight with them.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Dancing Rune Weapon now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).; Dancing Rune Weapon’s summoned Rune Weapon now remains fixated on the Death Knight’s target at the time of summoning, and copies the effects of Talents that are tied to the Death Knight, such as Blood Boil, Frost Fever, or Asphyxiate. Should the original target be dead or otherwise unavailable, the Rune Weapon will switch to assist with the Death Knight’s current target.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013): Dancing Rune Weapon no longer costs Runic Power.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This ability now has a fixed duration of 12 seconds (which can still be modified by its glyph) and a fixed cost of 60 runic power. The rune weapon will no longer cast Corpse Explosion.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Damage done by, and duration of this pet is reduced by 50%, but the cooldown is reduced to 90 seconds. Attack speed of pet increased from 2.0 to 3.5. Fixed a bug making it trigger an unusual number of effects from the weapon equipped by the death knight. In addition, it will now only echo death knight spells whose primary purpose is dealing damage. This pet will no longer break stealth on nearby targets and attack them. Also corrected a bug making the effect last 8 seconds longer than intended.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The weapon no longer echoes the Raise Dead and Army of the Dead spells. In addition it will now more closely match the master's damage and will cast Rune Strike when its master does. Costs 40 Runic Power - (Old 50)