Decay is the entropic, fel tool of the shamans seeking to subjugate the elements themselves. In the physical universe, the elements of air, earth, fire, and water serve as the basic building blocks for all matter. Composed of the primordial matter from which the universe was born, the titans are godlike beings who were uniquely susceptible (and therefore connected) to fel magic.
Death and Decay
Professions of the Cosmos
The aphotic, swirling clouds conjured by the Death Knights can cause anything within their path to rot and decompose. The vapor created by Decay can consume everything - flesh, bone, wood or even the strongest metal. Heavily laden within base substances, these clouds descend and quickly defuse, leaving only suffering in their wake.
Shaman can be described as fel spiritual guides and practitioners, not of the divine, but of the very elements. Unlike some other mystics, shaman commune with forces that are not strictly benevolent. The elements are chaotic, and left to their own devices, they rage against one another in unending primal fury. It is the call of the shaman to bring balance to this chaos. Acting as moderators among earth, fire, water, and air, shaman summon totems that focus the elements to support the shaman’s allies or punish those who threaten them.
"...a lifetime of healing, now you shall fuel disease and decay!" - Teron'gor
Warlocks are magical practitioners who seek to understand darker, fel-based magics, including destructive spells. A warlock can create a cloud comprised of brimstone, acid, and poisonous gases to envelop and choke his targets. This foul stench eats through anything that stands in its way, and chokes the very life out of anyone unlucky enough to be in its path. It is a mix of the sickly stench of rotting corpses and the essence of evil, designed to decay and corrode all that it comes in contact with.
- ^ Wowhead: Database > Spells > NPC abilities: Fel Decay
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg ?
- ^ Warcraft III manual
- ^ Warcraft II manual - The Rise of the Shadow Council: In what passed as my youth, I studied Orc magiks through the tribal Shaman of my clan. My natural talent for channeling the cold, negative-energies of the Twisting Nether brought me notable standing amongst the other Shaman, and I knew that even Ner'zhul, the greatest of my teachers, became jealous of me as my abilities grew even stronger.
- ^ Warcraft II manual - Death Knight Spells
- ^ World of Warcraft > Game Guide > Classes > Shaman
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 21
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual - Poison Cloud