Dragon turtles are pandaren racial mounts. They have a primal and fearsome appearance. Though squat, it stands 10 feet high. Some naga captured and trained a few dragon turtles to augment their soldiers, but this tactic is not widespread. Though some thought turtles were slow and unimpressive, this creature proves them wrong.
The pandaren have long sought mounts that embody their values: patience and strength. With a naturally armored hide, even gait (no matter how heavy the passenger), and the relaxed attitude that welcomes long journeys, the Dragon Turtle is perfect for the pandaren adventurer. Indigenous to mainland Pandaria, these fine steeds are easily outfitted with the essentials: maps, cushions, footstools, and brew-storage. Comfortable and hardy, the dragon turtle’s slow, even stride will gently ease passengers into new parts of the world and/or a relaxing nap time.
- Alliance: Can be bought from [67.8, 18.6] in Stormwind City at the Pandaren Camp (north of Dwarven District by big balloon).
- Horde: Can be bought in Orgrimmar at the Pandaren Camp (Valley of Honor).
- Level 20
- Level 40
Epic mounts gallery
- Around September 26, 2012, Sapperwix stated in a blue post that he was aware of a bug where Dragon Turtle breeder NPCs were not appearing as expected. The bug was supposedly fixed around September 27, 2012 and NPCs should have re-appeared after Tuesday server restarts October 2, 2012.
- ^ Dark Factions, pg. 196.
- ^ Online game guide
- ^ perculia 2012-07-16. Mists of Pandaria: New Mounts. Wowhead News.
- ^ Sapperwix 2012-09-26. #22 - Horde Dragon Turtle vendor. Official Support > Bug Report Forum (US). We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution.
- ^ Sapperwix 2012-09-26. #174 - Horde Dragon Turtle vendor. Official Support > Bug Report Forum (US). The vendors should repopulate with the server restarts.