|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||6 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
- Elemental abilities
- Prior to patch 2.0.3, Earth Shock generated threat equal to twice its damage. The bonus threat was removed from Earth Shock, while gained bonus threat.
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Earth Shock is now available only to Elemental Shaman. Enhancement and Restoration Shaman should use Frost Shock in its place.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Attack speed reduction of the target increased to 20 %.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as Thunder Clap).
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Interrupting a channeled spell with this spell will now always properly prevent casting spells from the same spell school for 2 sec.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Rank 8 is now properly considered an Interrupt effect for talents and abilities that affect interrupts.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): no longer causes increased threat.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed to be consistent with rank one.