- 1 Excerpt from Q&A with Ghostcrawler
- 2 User interface
- 3 Example macros
- 4 Bank limitations
- 5 Related AddOns
- 6 Media
- 7 Patch changes
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Excerpt from Q&A with Ghostcrawler
|Nethaera:||Will you be able to switch gear easily to match your spec?|
|Ghostcrawler:||At the same time we implement dual specs, we will also be setting up a gear system. The feature is called “Gear Manager.” It can also be used to just swap weapons or trinkets or put on that tuxedo to strut around town. It will not automatically switch your gear when you change your talent spec, but it will allow for an easy gear change between them. The feature may not be fully functional immediately in the PTR, but we’ll have more information to share about it before too much longer.|
Users will be able to access the the Equipment Manager from the lower right corner of the character screen by selecting the right panel expand triangle toggle (►) and selecting the Equipment Manager subtab () at the upper right to show its mode in the right pane. Up to ten gear sets are allowed. This feature was very similar to macros.
The Equipment Manager should always be available.
Making new sets
- Click the slot option controls by any slot you want to change.
- Once you have the set the way you want it, click the "New Set" on the right pane.
- Select the unselected set and click .
- A checkmark will appear at the right side of the set area when the set is active.
Saving set changes
- Select the unselected set and click .
- ...or use the current set.
- Adjust any items in equipment slots with the slot option controls for the current set.
- Click .
Changing set name or icon
- Move you pointer over the set you want to delete and a gear-like options control will appear in the bottom right.
- Click the gear-like options control and a dialog to change the name and icon will appear.
- Move you pointer over the set you want to delete and a delete control will appear in the bottom right.
- Click the delete control and OK the confirmation alert.
Prior to Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Before it was on by default, to enable the Equipment Manager, go to the Game Menu (Esc), select the "Interface" option, press the "Game" tab at the upper left, select "Features" from the left pane, and check the "Use Equipment Manager" box on the right.
First save your gear set, then using that exact name (ie. Prot), create the following macro:
If you want to switch talent specs, then you will need to add that to it also, so let's assume Prot is your primary spec and Ret is your secondary and you want to swap gear at the same time you swap specs, then your macro would be:
/equipset Prot /usetalents 1
/equipset Ret /usetalents 2
One button equipment & talent changer:
#show [spec:1] Retribution Aura; [spec:2] Devotion Aura /equipset [spec:1] Ret; [spec:2] Prot /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1
In this situation, the game will equip the Retribution gear then activate the Retribution build when the Protection build is active. It will alternatively equip the Protection gear then activate the Protection build when the Retribution build is active.
Again, on the /equipset macro, you have to use the exact name that you saved your gear as, and it is case-sensitive. (Modified from .)
The gear manager can take items directly from the bank to the selected slot on a character, but this facility is only available when the bank inventory is open. Simply standing in the bank does not work.
This video is primarily on the Dual Talent Specialization feature but also includes usage of the Equipment Manager.
|[How to PTR] Dual Talent Specialization.|
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): UI changed so Equipment Manager shares Character window right panel with Stats and Titles.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Equipment Manager added as an attached window from button in upper right of character window.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): If an item is a part of an item set, the name of that item set is displayed in the tooltip of that item.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Added.
Was scheduled for release in Patch 3.1.0, but has since been removed from PTR.