This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
Faction Assaults are group PvE/PvP type of world quest event where players either attack or defend locations either defended or attacked by the opposing faction which was released with Patch 8.1. It is similar to the Legion Assaults that occurred on the Broken Isles. Unlike Legion Assaults, other world quests will still be available in a zone where Faction Assaults are active.
- The Horde and Alliance have established their footholds in Kul Tiras and Zandalar, each seeking to use these staging points as inroads to the flow of Azerite in enemy territory. Now the Horde and the Alliance will use those hard-earned footholds to launch large-scale assaults deep into enemy territory. While the assaulting faction tries to break through their enemy’s defenses, players must rally the local forces to drive the invaders from their continent.
- Participation criteria: Player characters who are level 110 and above who have unlocked World Quests on their account and have begun the War Campaign
- Locations: Kul Tiras and Zandalar zones
- World quests
- Limited time (hours?) before cycling to next zone
- Viewable on world map
- Faction-specific icons
- PvP with War Mode
- Many types, like: taking out elite targets, mowing down enemy armies with powerful magic and siege weapons, taking down the enemy ship, participating in covert assassinations, or embarking on shared quests that bring the two opposing factions in close proximity to each other.
- Buffs and rewards
- Earn experience
- Earn reputation with the 7th Legion or Honorbound
- A 1-hour experience buff on completion of a Faction Assault
- At level cap:
- Earn bonus reputation
- Gear (item level 325–370) with a chance of being Titanforged
- Achievements in PvE and in War Mode.
- Patch 8.1.0 (11-Dec-2018): Added.