This article concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
The Firelands Invasion is a world event that was introduced in Patch 4.2.0 as a prelude to the Firelands raid. The majority of the activity occurs within Mount Hyjal and the Molten Front, where players attempt to beat back forces loyal to that are seeking to destroy the World Tree.
Players progress through the quest line by acquiring . Unlike most other forms of currency, these are used primarily for quest progression, though some items may be purchased to gain reputation with the faction city capitals, or even to buy a chance for the to drop. These are all offered by .
It should be noted that players may not even begin the quests unless they have completed all the quests in Mount Hyjal, up to and including . For that reason, is offered to those who have not progressed as far as they need.
- Stage one
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (20 marks at 4 per day + initial 16 from above quests)
- Stage two
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (150 marks at 14 per day + 15 from Through the Gates of Hell; does not count Ricket's Daily)
- Regrowth Dailies
- [85 Daily] (every day) and one each from the following two groups:
- Molten Front Dailies
- Ricket's Daily (requires and completion)(one of the following)
- Recruiting the factions (both needed, order determined by player)
- Final quests
- The Ancients
- The Armorer
- The Moonwell (Leyara's end)
All rewards, with the exception of the majority of Zen'Vorka's, are purchasable with gold.
- Zen'Vorka's items
The following achievements are related to the Firelands Invasion: