- Flying Broom
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Duration: 14 Days (real time)
- Mount"Mount" is not in the list (Back, Chest, Feet, Finger, Hands, Head, Held in off-hand, Legs, Main Hand, Neck, ...) of allowed values for the "Item slot" property.
- Requires level 60
- Requires Expert Riding
- Use: Summons and dismisses a Flying Broom!
- This item has several advantages over other flying mounts:
- It is free
- It is very compact, allowing the rider to pass underneath low door frames and other narrow places
- It is completely silent on flight, which some people find great.
- It has no wings or bulky body to block the player's view of the ground.
- Mounting is Instant Cast, allowing quick escapes after killing a foe or harvesting a mining/herbalism node. It cannot be mounted in combat, but it can be mounted while moving or falling.
- In 2008, this item no longer dropped during the Hallow's End fight of Headless Horseman in the Graveyard wing of Scarlet Monastery. Only the dropped. It was changed so it would work at different speeds on land and flying depending on the user's Riding skill and location. However, during the 2010 Hallow's End event, this item could still occasionally be found in the that comes from killing the Headless Horseman the first time each day.
- It used to be BoU, and its 14 day duration didn't start until it was first used. This is no longer the case.
- Do not fly into Zangarmarsh while using the Flying Broom. Doing so will dismount you in midair and cause you to fall. Attempting to use the Flying Broom in Zangarmarsh will give you the message The weather isn't right for that. However, the will work fine.
- The item description used to indicate that it was one-use, but this was not correct and eventually removed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.