in the Horde-aligned territory of the Barrens. Although he is shown as a group of goblins in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, he is only one person. He is the leader of Ratchet and Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel in World of Warcraft.
He is voiced by Travis Willingham.
In Warcraft Adventures, after the Second War, Gazlowe would have been an ally of Thrall, and helped him travel around the Eastern Kingdoms after his escape from the internment camp by fixing a zeppelin. It would have involved a Samophlange.
After the Third War, he was hired by Thrall as the chief engineer to help secure a reliable source of water for the newly constructed Orgrimmar city. Gazlowe sent an expedition to dig out some tunnels beneath the city, they looked for underground wells for use in the newly founded city, but they accidentally tunneled into a den of kobolds who immediately flooded into the caves and drove the goblin mining teams into retreat.
Later, when Rexxar was looking to earn his keep in Orgrimmar, Gazlowe sent him into the dug tunnels, the Orgrimmar Tunnels, to help collapse the off-shoot tunnels which the kobolds were using. When Rexxar did so, Gazlowe rewarded him with some magical items. Gazlowe and his engineers also dug out other tunnels where they found an unexplored city, they call that place Gazlowe's Excavation Site.
In World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Now, at the age of 40, he runs one of the largest and most successful port towns in Kalimdor — if not the entire globe. While Gazlowe’s city operates under the watchful eyes of the trade princes, he has considerable free reign, and proves effective because of it. A well-respected member of the goblin community, he also has a good heart, and is willing to help someone for little in return on occasion — but he wouldn’t mind payback later, of course. This goblin's smile looks almost friendly, but for his sharp teeth. ( )
He starts the following quests:
- Also he wrote the wanted poster for .
See also: List of the Barrens NPCs.
In Burning Crusade
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
In Cataclysm, it is apparent that Gazlowe wants to remain neutral, but won't stand for being cheated. He will be giving new quests to Horde players:
In Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
In Heroes of the Storm
This section concerns content exclusive to Heroes of the Storm.
Gazlowe takes the role of a melee specialist, placing immobile temporary turrets and throwing timed bombs. He can become temporarily immobile to slowly charge a powerful long range laser. He has the choice of a Robo-goblin transformation that massively increases his effectiveness versus non-heroes or a Gravity Bomb which will pull all enemies to the center after a short pause.
- Ah, new guy, huh? I'm Gazlowe, chief engineer around these parts. But enough about me. We got work to do, buddy!
- You see, me and my boys have been dredging out tunnels beneath the city, looking for underground wells. Problem is, we dug straight into a den of kobolds. Now those rat-freaks are running willy-nilly all over our tunnels!
- I need you to hook up with my boys and seal those kobolds back in their hole. Yeah, just find the tunnel entrance outside of town, and my boys will set you straight.
- So they blew themselves up, you say? Now that's occupational commitment! Anyway, ya done good, kid. Take these items, it's the least I can do to repay ya.
- Rezlak. There's one thing you need to know in life, and that's if you want something done well, do it yourself.
- You can get anything done for a price.
World of Warcraft
- Aggro: Oh no, you didn't!
- Greetings: Welcome to Ratchet! I hope you're looking for work!
- Greetings: Hey there, just passin' through?
- Greetings: Keep it quick, kid! I ain't got all day!
- Greetings: I sure could use your help, kid!
- The item Gazlowe's Charm is a reference to him.
- See also his description in Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans: Gazlowe the Goblin.
- In Warcraft III The Frozen Throne, Gazlowe uses the model of a goblin sapper, but because of the fact that the model itself contains three goblin models (alike to Mortar Team (Warcraft III) which also consists of two "models") it means that Gazlowe himself might be anyone of them. However, it is likely that the goblin with the Mohawk is Gazlowe considering the he is wearing Aviator Goggles and Leather Pants. The name or identity of the other goblin that accompanied Gazlowe is unknown.