Profession skill levels fall into eleven stages of increasing ability to learn and execute recipes: Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master (), Grand Master (), Illustrious (), Zen Master (), Draenor Master (), Legion Master (), and Kul Tiran / Zandalari Master ().
Change in Battle for Azeroth
- Non-expansion goes up to 300.
- Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria progression bars each go up to 75.
- Draenor and Broken Isles go up to 100.
- Kul Tiras and Zandalar go up to 150.
- Not counting any racial or other bonuses, at a Master skill level of 75  you can learn the Grand Master stage and gain up to a maximum of 75  points:
- Gathering professions have a minimum level of 55 to become a Grand Master.
- Crafting professions have a minimum level of 65 to become a Grand Master.
- The trainer who can train the Grand Master stage for each profession usually has a title of <Grand Master Profession Trainer>, and could only be found in areas accessible to owners of the expansion (usually in the Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Icecrown or Dalaran).
Players without cannot level any skill or profession above 375 points (not including racial traits or other bonuses).Changed with World of Warcraft package.
- Starting with Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, this proficiency range will have its own progress bar of 75 points.