The Highmountain tribe is a nomadic tribe of tauren. In aftermath of the Third War, the tribe is living in Eastern Kingdoms. Highmountain Tribe is the name of Highmountain tauren who live on the Broken Isles, but their relation to Highmountains of Eastern Kingdoms is unknown.
The Highmountain are a tribe of tauren that predates the War of the Ancients, as Huln Highmountain lived at that time. In the aftermath of the Third War, those that departed Highmountain live in Kalimdor, having an ancestral place in Feralas known as Camp Mojache, and Mulgore, respectively.
Those that remained in Highmountain have been all but forgotten by the denizens of Azeroth, but with the third invasion of the Burning Legion via the Broken Isles, adventurers come into contact with them.
Trag Highmountain was a tauren of this tribe; he left his fellows and joined a barony of Mordis. During a battle he died, but was raised as a Forsaken because of the powers of the Orb of Ner'zhul.
Betrayal of their undead tribesman
Trag returned with his tribe, but the shaman, Sulamm, betrayed him and ordered Ornamm to kill Trag whilst he slept with a spell. Trag was burning when he awoke and defeated the tauren party led by Ornamm without killing anyone. He confronted the shaman and even though his rage and the Lich King's whispers sparked a desire to kill Sulamm he couldn't, instead leaving him in trance because of his own spell. Trag left his tribe because of what they tried to do and because he could put them in danger.
- Brave Highmountain - Action figure.
- Huln Highmountain - Spokesmen of the tauren that helped during the War of the Ancients.
- Melgromm Highmountain - Battled on the Stair of Destiny.
- Trag Highmountain - Served Barony Mordis until his betrayal, now a Forsaken.
- Gorn Highmountain - Father of Trag.
- Sulamm - Shaman of the Highmountain.
- Ornamm - Leader of a party led to kill Trag Highmountain.