JASS is an event driven scripting language used in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft III game. Map creators can use it in the World Editor to create triggers and AI scripts.
The language provides an extensive API that gives programmers control over nearly every aspect of the game world. It can, for example, give orders to units, change the weather and time of day, play sounds and display text to the player, and manipulate the terrain. It has a syntax similar to Delphi, although, unlike that language, it is case sensitive.
The following function creates a string containing the message "Hello, world!" and displays it to all players:
function Trig_JASS_test_Actions takes nothing returns nothing local string a ="Hello, world!" call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), a ) endfunction
- An Introduction To JASS--A beginner's guide to the language, covering its basic features and capabilities.
- JASS Manual--An advanced guide to the language, intended to serve as a reference for users who are already proficient with it. Includes a comprehensive API browser.
- Tutorials--A collection of tutorials about the language.
- Warcraft 3 Modding Wiki--Getting better and better.
- Wc3Campaigns--A forum for discussing Warcraft III modding, art and many other Warcraft III related things.
- The Jass Vault--A forum for discussing JASS development with other programmers.
- Warcraft III Map Development--Blizzard's official Battle.net forum for the World Editor.
- WC3sear.ch--Contains a large collection of sample scripts.