|Casting time||2 sec cast|
|Cooldown||8 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Lava Burst is a shaman ability learned at level 34 for those with the Elemental and Restoration specializations. It deals fire damage, but will also deal additional damage if is on the target.
- Core abilities
- Lightning Shield (Improved)
- Elemental abilities
- Restoration abilities
- Rotations should be timed around utilizing Lava Burst as much as possible.
- PvP - Lava burst and , which has no traveling time, if cast in succession will generally hit at the same time for spike damage.
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Lava Burst now replaces Primal Strike for Elemental and Restoration Shaman.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Lava Burst now has a 2 second cast time, up from 1.5 seconds, and deals 25% more damage.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Lava Burst base damage has been reduced by 33% but now always deals a critical strike. When cast on targets affected by Flame Shock, it now deals 50% more damage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Lava Burst’s damage has been increased by roughly 10%.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability no longer ever consumes a Flame Shock debuff off of the target.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.