Legendary quality is currently the level of item quality in between Epic and Artifact. Generally there are very few of these items on any given server. It usually takes multiple end-game raid instance runs to acquire or craft these items.
- The names of Legendary quality items will appear in orange.
- Equippable items of Legendary quality always have one or more attribute bonuses or procs.
- Equippable items at Legendary quality can't be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- There are a few ingredient items of Legendary quality.
- Before The Burning Crusade, all of the Legendary items required a complicated and arduous quest line in order to get them.
- In The Burning Crusade, the The Twin Blades of Azzinoth drop off of Illidan Stormrage and Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury off of Kil'jaeden instead of a quest reward.
- Blizzard had stated that there would be quests for Legendary items in Wrath of the Lich King; however, if there wasn't enough time to implement them, they would have to be dropped.
- Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings is obtained with an Atiesh-like method (drops & quest).
- Shadowmourne will be crafted after a long and arduous quest line, like was Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.
- The hexadecimal color code for legendary itemlinks is #ff8000.
- The names of Legendary quality battle pets will appear in orange.
- So far, legendary battle pets are not capturable.
- They should have much better initial stats than Rare quality battle pets.
- A few NPC battle pets can be encountered of epic quality. An example is .