"Love is in the Air" is a seasonal event that takes place around Valentine's Day (around first week of February and lasts about 2 weeks). The first "Love is in the Air" event occurred in 2006, and was repeated each year since. 2010 saw this event significantly changed. See Love is in the Air 2009 for details of the previous version of this event. In 2012, as one of their most romantic gestures (/sarcasm), Blizzard announced some specific customer support policies for this event.
In 2021, Love is in the Air was held from February 12th to February 26th.
- Love and adoration are in the air in the major cities of Azeroth… and in celebration of the occasion, you’re invited to share candy, perfume, and gifts with guards, townsfolk, and other players for special rewards.
- However, a strange "love sickness" seems to cloud the hearts of many of Azeroth’s people. Is this widespread incident simply an outbreak of amore? Or will you and your fellow brave adventurers uncover a dark secret behind this plague of passion?
From the old official site:
- Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Some call it love, and some just call it friendship and admiration. Whichever it is, many guards and townsfolks now spend their days giving and receiving tokens and gifts to other amorous citizens.
- The more skeptical, however, are suspicious of the strange "love sickness" clouding the hearts of so many. Will this widespread occurrence be simply taken as a recent outbreak of amore? Or will our brave adventurers find a sinister plot behind the source of this plague of passion? Only time will tell...
It appears that Blizzard moves the dates of this event to happen around the real-life Valentine's Day on which this event is based. However, the date ranges sometimes vary whereas Valentine's Day is always on February 14th. When the event was introduced it lasted for 6 days, but was increased to roughly 2 weeks in 2010.
|Year||Love is in the Air dates|
|2007, 2008, 2009||February 11 - February 16|
|2010||February 07 - February 20|
|2011||February 06 - February 20|
|2012||February 05 - February 18|
|2013||February 11 - February 24|
|2014||February 10 - February 24|
|2015||February 02 - February 16|
|2016||February 15 - February 29|
|2017||February 7 - February 21|
|2018||February 2 - February 16|
|2019||February 12 - February 26|
New for 2019
- You must be level 110 or higher to have a chance to acquire the , found in the .
- Following the stat squish, the Crown Company necklaces are ilvl 365 for level 120 players.
- costs 150 .
- Eye of Azshara normal
- First part of Karazhan Heroic
- Blood Gate in Zuldazar
- Warden Tower Assault quests
- Lost Temple on the Broken Shore during
New for 2018
- The Crown Company necklaces are up to ilvl 880 (before Stat squish).
- costs 450 .
- You have to be level 98 or higher to have a chance to acquire the , found in the .
- Love is in the Air holiday items can be transmogged for the duration of the event.
- has a chance to contain one of four dresses: , , , or .
- has a chance to contain one of three pastel pantsuits: , , or .
- There are two fashionable headgear pieces from the encounter. appears as a flower carried in male characters' teeth, and a rose tucked behind female characters' ears. is a gas mask with canisters filled with concentrated perfume, which is not marked as cosmetic armor.
New for 2017
- Removed maximum level (110) requirement to queue up for the Crown Chemical Company boss. The minimum level to queue up for Shadowfang Keep via the Dungeon Finder is level 16 for farming the .
- Loot rewards are now scale to your level, similar to how Timewarped loot works. For example, the new is ilvl 830 at 110, and scales down if you loot it at a lower level.
- quest is now a daily quest outside Shadowfang Keep. In the center of this area is a piece of paper which starts the daily quest. This rewards 3 which transforms you into a zombie. Also in this area are to control a Crown Company employee for a minute.
- There are new toys: for 270 and for 100 Love Tokens.
- The Love is in the Air wreaths and bouquets have received high-resolution updates.
The Crown Chemical Co. is in town! Items can be purchased from the in each major city for . Tokens can be purchased with and are rewarded by several quests. The bracelets are created from ten .
To collect Lovely Charms, players must have the in their inventory, which is available from . Then go kill mobs and/or players that would grant honor or XP. You need not loot these mobs to gain the Lovely Charm; it will appear in your inventory automatically.
|1||(from vendor; quests return x5 rate)|
The Love is in the Air vendors will pay one Love Token for your Lovely Charm Bracelets. The four daily Lovely Charm Bracelet quests reward five Love Tokens per bracelet and reward a card that can be used for a buff.
There are several daily quests and a quest chain during the holiday.
A Gift for ...
Crown Chemical Co. Contraband
- [1-80] or [1-80] (optional)
- [1-80] or [1-80]
- [1-80] or [1-80]
- [1-80] or [1-80]
- [1-80] or [1-80]
- [1-80] or [1-80]
- Then, a level-appropriate daily quest:
- [78-80] (optional)
- [75-80D Daily]
-  or 
As of 2011, to queue for the dungeon, you can use Dungeon Finder or talk to the in Stormwind City (outside Trade District Auction House) or in Orgrimmar (near Grommash Hold). You will receive a for defeating the daily holiday boss (and his helpers).
The optional quest [78-80] leads you to Shadowfang Keep where the Crown Chemical Company set up a base of operations. There you can find a goblin agent who gives you [75-80D Daily] . When turning that quest in at , he and his two companions will aggro. They are all level 82 (elite) and have about 260k health. When the proper strategy is followed, these should not pose a problem for a well-geared 5-man group.
Bouquet of Roses
- Prince Keleseth in Utgarde Keep,
- Maiden of Grief in Halls of Stone
- Prince Taldaram in Ahn'kahet
- Lord Godfrey in Heroic Shadowfang Keep
|Eat the eight "Bag of Candies" heart candies listed below.
|Create 12 .||10|
|Use a on each of the
|Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a on / then
|Enjoy a with someone in Dalaran at their during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|*||Open a and receive a .||10|
|Obtain a or during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each <Horde/Alliance> capital.
|Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.||10|
|*||Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet by procuring a .||10|
|Sample all of the Love is in the Air candies listed below:
|Shoot 10 players with the .||10|
|Shoot off 10 in 20 seconds or less.||10|
|*||Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.||10|
In 2007, Blizzard created a Burning Crusade commercial that featured the "Love is in the Air" event as well as the new jewelcrafting profession. From the official website, the ad was described as follows:
What do you get the blood elf who has everything? This Valentine's Day, make it an epic jewel! Yes, the industrial empires of Azeroth aren't about to let anyone escape the relentless marketing campai- er, bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Take a look at this new commercial but be warned that you may be struck by a sudden impulse to spend all the gold you've saved for your epic mount.
- ^ World Events. Wowhead.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-02-03. Love Is in the Air. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-02-03. Love Is in the Air. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Love is in the Air (US) archive page. Web.Archive.org. Archived from the original on 2010-11-07.
Love is in the Air (EU) archive page (En). Web.Archive.org. Archived from the original on 2010-09-25.
- ^ perculia 2019-02-12. Love is in the Air 2019 Holiday Updates and Guide. Wowhead News.
- ^ perculia 2018-02-02. Love is in the Air 2018 Holiday Updates and Guide. Wowhead News.
- ^ Love is in the Air (February 7 - February 21). Wowhead. Retrieved on 2017-02-10.
- ^ Bouquet of Red Roses #47 by Kisirani 2009/02/12 03:09:00 AM
- ^ World of Warcraft Valentine's Day Commercial. Blizzard. Retrieved on 2009-02-18.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011):
- Hotfix (2010-09-02): "Any player who has a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit in their bags now has a chance to receive a Lovely Charm when in a group or raid and a group member gets a killing blow as long as they are within a certain range of the kill."
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This event has been reworked.
- Patch 1.9.3 (07-Feb-2006): Added.
- Love is in the Air 2009 - description of this event from 2006-2009.