This article concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Micro-holidays are a new type of short in-game events coming to World of Warcraft in Legion with Patch 7.1.5. Unlike existing in-game events, micro-holidays last a day or two at the most and are not tied to achievements. They are meant as fun, non-mandatory events that keep the world feeling "alive".
Known micro-holidays include the following:
|January 21 - 23||Call of the Scarab||To commemorate the first ringing of the Scarab Gong on January 23, 2006, players will be able to relive a portion of the Ahn'Qiraj gate opening by collecting items for turn-in. The winning faction will then be able to claim bragging rights and have their faction flag hang over the gates until the next Call of the Scarab micro-holiday event.|
|February 23 - 24||Hatching of the Hippogryphs||Those who head to Feralas will be able to bear witness to the yearly hatching of the hippogryphs. You may even make a little friend for the day.|
|March 17 - 19||Un'goro Madness||Dinosaurs are running amok in Un'Goro. Help quell the rampage and you'll be awarded some temporary evolution buffs.|
|April 5||March of the Tadpoles||Each year, the Winterfin murlocs allow their tadpoles free reign over their village. You can make a difference by adopting your favorite, feeding it, and protecting it from nearby predators.|
|April 28||Volunteer Guard Day||Step into the shoes of a guard in the major cities with a /salute and you'll get to serve and protect the city just like them. Stay vigilant and watch out for any invaders.|
|May 10 - 12||Spring Balloon Festival||Several of Azeroth's characters – some of whom you might recognize – are giving tours of Azeroth in their hot air balloons. You'll enjoy their commentary and interact with other citizens as you take in the scenery.|
|May 27||Glowcap Festival||Head to Sporeggar in Zangarmarsh, collect some rare mushrooms, and help the sporelings heal the great mushroom, Fshoo. You'll gain a bit of Sporeggar reputation for helping them out.|
|June 6 - 8||Thousand Boat Bash||Thousand Needles is where the biggest bash on boats can be found in Azeroth. It's a chance to unwind a little, away from the lurking danger of the Burning Legion.|
|July 13||Luminous Luminaries||GG Engineering needs your help researching mysterious luminescent sea creatures in Vashj'ir|
|July 22||Auction House Dance Party||The main auction houses in Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been cleaned out and turned into Dance Parties for the day! Crowd on in and show some faction pride!|
|July 31||Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl||The mages of Azeroth like to relax, too. Hop into a portal at your local watering hole and join the Tavern Crawl!|
|Aug 31 - Sep 4||Trial of Style||Ladies and gentlemen of the Horde and Alliance, synchronize your wardrobes and prepare to do battle. The Trial of Style has arrived, and it’s time to put your transmogrification skills to the test.|
|October 14||Great Gnomeregan Run||Join the Gnomes as they celebrate their unrelenting moxie! Race across the Eastern Kingdoms, from Gnomeregan down to Booty Bay!|
|November 12||Moonkin Festival||A wonderful celebration of all things Moonkin is happening today in Moonglade. Stop by and see what you can learn!|
- Patch 7.2.5 (13-Jun-2017): Auction House Dance Party, Great Gnomeregan Race, Moonkin Festival, and Trial of Style added.
- Patch 7.1.5 (10-Jan-2017): Added.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2016-01-21. Micro-Holidays in Patch 7.1.5. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-01-21. Remembering the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj: Call of the Scarab. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ File:Feb_2017_in-game_calendar.jpg
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2017-03-17. March of the Tadpoles: Micro-Holiday. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. New! Dive into Vashj'ir for the Luminous Luminaries Micro-Holiday July 13!. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2017-07-31. Kirin Tor Tavern Crawl: Micro-Holiday. WorldofWarcraft.com.
- ^ Lore 2017-04-18. PTR Development Notes - Build 23958. Official 7.2.5 PTR Feedback forum (US).
- ^ Squishei 2017-04-18. 7.2.5 PTR Build 23958 Data Highlights - Dance Party, Warglaive Achievement, Development Notes. Wowhead News.
- ^ File:WoW_calendar-July_2017.jpg
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2018-08-31. Trial of Style August 31–September 4: The Stage Is Yours. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ a b c https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21061016
- ^ a b https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21148812
- ^ Lore 2017-04-26. PTR Development Notes - Build 23993. Official 7.2.5 PTR Feedback forum (US).