This article concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
A Naval mission is major type of mission, but for Garrison ships. They can be managed and started from the . The ships gains experience from completing a mission, but the player could also get a reward, depending on the mission. Unlike missions started from the in the player's Town Hall, naval missions use rather than to start.
The length of mission depends on the type of mission chosen, ranging from a few hours to a week. Missions can also be run while the player is offline.
Each ship, depending on type, abilities, buffs, equipment, and crew, has different abilities and scenarios that are best suited for them, such as a ship that can sink submarines or a ship that who works better in a group.
Despite the 86-87% success chance, the second naval mission of the starting quest chain will always fail and sink your destroyer, so do not be alarmed. The third naval mission should always succeed.
Any of these types can come as a Rare mission.
- Ship bonus mission — Missions that take about 4 hrs and give 50 and 1200 ship XP reward.
- Ship combat mission — Missions that take from 4 hrs to 2 days and give from 50 to 125 , 1200 to 6000 ship XP, and sometimes an item reward. Many are Rare.
- Ship legendary mission — Missions that take from 4 hrs to 2 days and give from 50 to 125 , 6000 ship XP, and a legendary item (or items) or 5000 bonus ship XP reward. Many are Rare.
- Ship siege mission — Also known as "blockade missions", these missions that take about 4 hrs to 1 day and give 10 and 4500 ship XP reward plus 5000 ship XP bonus. They need to be completed to open up a closed area. They will be identified with names that begin with "Blockade:" and by a special banner marker:
- Alliance blockade:
- Horde blockade:
- or Iron Horde blockade vs either faction:
- Ship training mission — Missions that take 1 minute to 4 hrs (a few are 8 hrs) and give 5 to 75 and 200 to 2500 ship XP reward plus 500 ship XP bonus.
- Ship treasure mission — Missions that take from 4 hrs to 3 days and give from 50 to 125 , 1800 to 8500 ship XP, and a gold or item reward.
Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Added.
WoWDB doesn't seem to have a top level for naval missions