|Playable races in World of Warcraft e|
|Draenei ( Lightforged) · Dwarf ( Dark Iron) · Gnome · Human ( Kul Tiran) · Night elf ( Void elf) · Worgen||Pandaren||Blood elf ( Nightborne) · Goblin · Orc ( Mag'har) · Tauren ( Highmountain) · Troll ( Zandalari) · Undead|
- This article is about the playable pandaren. For general history of the race, see Pandaren. For the language, see Pandaren language.
Couched in myth and legend, rarely seen and even more rarely understood, the enigmatic pandaren have long been a mystery to the other races of Azeroth. The noble history of the pandaren people stretches back thousands of years, well before the empires of man and before even the sundering of the world.Blizzard intro
The World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria introduced a new race, the Pandaren. Pandaren are the first "neutral" race in World of Warcraft. After completing a series of quests, you can decide whether to join the Horde or Alliance.
Denizens of a wondrous and fertile land, the pandaren once labored under the oppressive thumb of a monstrous race of ancient warlords known as the mogu. Through tenacity, diplomacy, and a unique form of unarmed combat, the pandaren staged a successful revolution that deposed the mogu and established a pandaren empire that would prosper for thousands of years.
Honorable and filled with a love of good company, good food -- and every now and then, a good friendly brawl -- the pandaren have been content to live in seclusion, allowing their culture to flourish and thrive away from the influence of the outside world. However, every now and then, a pandaren is born with a thirst for adventure that rivals his or her thirst for a strong drink, and he or she strikes out to explore beyond Pandaria’s shores. One of the most famous such wanderers was the brewmaster Chen Stormstout, who set out looking for exotic ingredients for his special ale and wound up an integral part of the founding of the Horde.
During the bleak days that preceded the sundering of the world, when demons flooded onto Azeroth and threw the entirety of the mortal realm into jeopardy, the last Emperor of the pandaren discovered a way to protect his land from the devastation. His deal with fate shrouded his land within an impenetrable mist for ten thousand years, but the nature of his transaction has left Pandaria haunted ever since...
New character cut-scene intro voice-over (during the fly-thru):
- You are a pandaren. Born and raised on the mysterious Wandering Isle. While many of your fellow pandaren prefer a tranquil life, the lure of adventure burns in your blood.
- Recently, the Wandering Isle has begun erratically weaving about the world's oceans. The air grows cold and your island home is spiraling towards disaster...
- As one of the most promising of students at Master Shang's monastery, you may just be the salvation for your people. But first, you must complete your training...
All pandaren players start as Neutral at the starting zone of the Wandering Isle.
The leader of this group of pandaren is and she will instruct you in the way of Tushui through meditation, rigorous training, and moral conviction.
The leader of this group of pandaren is and he will drive you in the outgoing, passionate way of Huojin, believing inaction is the greatest injustice.
- Blizzplanet speculated that a new goat-like creature called the shaghorn might be the new pandaren mount.
- The appearance of a large yak in a preview images and confirmation via twitter by Bashiok that this would be a mount in Mists of Pandaria has led some to believe this will be the Pandaren racial mount. Unfortunately, they were confirmed by blue post to not be the pandaren racial mount.
- The Male Pandaren dance is LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem and the Female Pandaren dance is Caramelldansen.
- You can't befriend or mail a Pandaren character until after they have chosen a faction.
- The pandaren were originally intended to be the Alliance race for the World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade expansion, but it was felt that the draenei were a better fit for the storyline.
- As of early 2012, there was a rumor that the actor Jack Black was signed on to perform the voice of the male Pandaren (he is known for his role as Po in the animated movie, Kung Fu Panda), but that was already ruled out by Chris Metzen at BlizzCon 2011.
- ^ Online game guide
- ^ chaud 2012-07-22. Horde Pandaria Introduction, Pandaren Cutscene, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink. MMO Champion.
- ^ Bryan Star 2016-08-28. 'World of Warcraft: Legion': Blizzard Discusses Mechanics. Inquisitr.com.
- ^ Nethaera 2012-05-23. Pandaren Mount Revealed: Dragon Turtle. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2012-05-23. Pandaren Mount Revealed: Dragon Turtle. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specifiedMedievaldragon 2012-04-12. . Blizzplanet.
- ^ Yak mounts screenshot from WoW Insider
- ^ Yak mount sreenshot from WoW-MoP.net
- ^ Bashiok tweet: Have we shown off the yak mounts already? Cause that's crazy close. Good job!
- ^ Wryxian 2012-03-27. #6 - Pandaren mount is a yak?. Official Mists of Pandaria Beta > Mists of Pandaria forum (EU). So no, the Yak mounts are not the racial mounts for Pandaren. We're still thinking about how we want Yak mounts to be obtained.
- ^ Zarhym 2011-10-28. Mists of Pandaria Developer Q&A Transcript. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US). Archived from the original on 2011-10-27. “5:34”
Zarhym 2011-10-27. Mists of Pandaria Live Developer Q&A Transcript. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU). “5:34”
- ^ Interview with Chris Metzen at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ Phil Hornshaw 2011-10-25. Blizzcon 2011: No, Jack Black Will NOT Voice a Pandaren in Mists of Pandaria, Metzen Says. Game Front.