A polearm is a large two-handed edged weapon, usually in the form of a long metal or wood pole a bit taller than a person, with an axe-like head. Polearms are the least common of all melee weapons. Names such as Pike, Spear, Halberd, and Harpoon all indicate a polearm.
Sometimes a polearm will have a spear-like point or mace-like protrusions, but in combination so as to not qualify as a spear and too long a handle to be a mace. Polearms generally attack very slowly, but cause large amounts of damage on a hit.
- 1 In Legion
- 2 Notable polearms
- 2.1 Epic Mists of Pandaria Polearms
- 2.2 BoA Mists of Pandaria Polearms
- 2.3 Epic Cataclysm Polearms
- 2.4 Icecrown Citadel
- 2.5 Heroic Halls of Reflection
- 2.6 Heroic Trial of the Champion
- 2.7 Heroic Ulduar
- 2.8 Ulduar
- 2.9 Arena
- 2.10 Eye of Eternity
- 2.11 Heroic Naxxramas
- 2.12 Naxxramas
- 2.13 Heroic Violet Hold
- 2.14 Level 20
- 3 Patch changes
- 4 External links
Prior to Legion, the hunter's rarely benefitted from a melee weapon, so a hunter would rarely choose polearm because it would block the auto-shot and many other shooting-based skills. However, as of Legion, Survival Hunters have abilities designed around polearms.
Epic Mists of Pandaria Polearms
BoA Mists of Pandaria Polearms
Epic Cataclysm Polearms
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Heroic Halls of Reflection
Heroic Trial of the Champion
Eye of Eternity
Heroic Violet Hold
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Survival Hunters abilities changed to favor polearms.
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Now usable by Monks.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Weapon Proficiency no longer needs to be trained.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now trainable by Druids.