|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||6 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
- Restoration abilities
- Similar to a druid's Regrowth spell, Riptide is both a direct healing spell and a heal over time spell. The direct healing part of the spell can crit, but this will not increase the healing done by the HoT component.
- Being instant, the spell cannot be interrupted, which makes it a very powerful ability in PvP
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Riptide’s healing has been adjusted to put significantly more of it into the initial heal. The initial heal amount has been increased by 70%, while the periodic healing amount has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013): Riptide's mana cost has been reduced by 25%.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Riptide's periodic healing coefficient has been increased by 50%. The initial direct heal is unchanged.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This spell has a new icon and a new sound effect.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Healing done increased. Now triggers Tidal Waves.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.