- Were you looking for lore on the Tomb of Sargeras or the audio drama series related to Gul'dan and the tomb, Tomb of Sargeras (audio)?
This article concerns content exclusive to Legion.
The Tomb of Sargeras is a 10 to 30 player (20 Mythic) raid released just after Legion Patch 7.2. It consists of 9 bosses. Players enter the temple and descend to its depths, using the Pillars of Creation in an attempt to seal off the portal bringing the Burning Legion into Azeroth.
After The Pillars of Creation have been gathered from The Nighthold, Khadgar and the players will seize the Tomb itself in order to seal it and prevent the Burning Legion from invading Azeroth.
The Tomb of Sargeras (formerly Temple of Elune) was used by Aegwynn after she "defeated" Sargeras, (later turning out that it was just his avatar). She sealed Sargeras' avatar inside the tomb and guarded it with the Maiden of Vigilance. But when the Legion came, they seek to unleash the avatar once again and erase what Aegwynn did into history.
The raid consists of 9 bosses, the players will have to face the bosses chronologically, Goroth, Harjatan, Mistress Sassz'ine, the Demonic Inquisition, Sisters of the Moon, The Desolate Host, Maiden of Vigilance, the Fallen Avatar of Sargeras, and facing Kil'Jaeden in the Twisting Nether.
As is usually the case with new raids, the Tomb of Sargeras is being released gradually, between June and August of 2017. The official release schedule is as follows (starting a week after Patch 7.2.5 dropped):
- Tuesday, Jun. 20 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
- Tuesday, Jun. 27 – Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 – Gates of Hell ( , , )
- Tuesday, Jul. 11 – Raid Finder Wing 2 – Wailing Halls ( , , )
- Tuesday, Jul. 25 – Raid Finder Wing 3 – Chamber of the Avatar ( , )
- Tuesday, Aug. 8 – Raid Finder Wing 4 — Deceiver's Fall ( )
- Mythic difficulty Raid Finder Wing 2
- Mythic difficulty Raid Finder Wing 3
- Mythic difficulty Raid Finder Wing 4
It looks like the Flooded Caves and the Elven Wing can be completed in any order.
- Floor one (Cathedral)
- Consists of the central cathedral area.
- An Infernal appears, fragmented in pieces, which then fuse together to attack players.
- Players either move on to the second floor: the Flooded Caves, or the third floor: the Elven Wing.
- Floor two (Flooded Caves)
- This can be accessed via the Cathedral or the Elven Wing.
- Players proceed to the depths of the Tomb.
- The first landing contains the Naga Brute.
- Just below this, players can either turn to go to the Elven Wing, or proceed deeper to the Naga Seawitch.
- The Naga Seawitch awaits at the very bottom with a kraken under her control.
- Floor three (Elven Wing)
- This can be accessed via the Cathedral or the Flooded Caves.
- Players proceed to the Council chambers and then the Reliquary.
- Several drops later after the reliquary boss, players can return to the cathedral.
- Floor four (Tomb)
- The actual tomb itself. It is accessed after completing the other wings, by using the elevator to descend.
- Players fight the Fallen Avatar of Sargeras first, then fight Kil'jaeden.
- The last section is where the encounters take place. Due to fel fluid dissolving the cavern for centuries, a sea of fel has formed here.
The vast majority of creatures encountered within the Tomb are demons. Deeper down, members of the naga race can be found. What remains of the Avatar of Sargeras is encountered towards the end of the encounter.
Tomb of Sargeras spoilers →