|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Warlords of Draenor opened the Dark Portal.
- Were you looking for the newer version of Upper Blackrock Spire updated for the Warlords of Draenor expansion?
|Lower Blackrock Spire (5)|
|Upper Blackrock Spire (level 100; 5)|
- 1 In Warlords of Draenor
- 2 History
- 3 Entrance
- 4 Geography
- 5 Bosses
- 6 Enemies
- 7 Quests
- 8 Video guide
- 9 Loot
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 See also
- 12 External links
In Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
For a limited time, during patch 6.0.2 (the pre-Warlords of Draenor release event), a special level 90 version of the instance was open to players, featuring new bosses tied to the Warlords of Draenor expansion. These bosses included: Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek.
The Blizzard announcement for this event read:
"An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on."
This instance was updated, with a Heroic mode (level 100) version for the Warlords of Draenor expansion. In addition to the three bosses mentioned above, this permanent version contains two additional bosses: Ragewing the Untamed and Warlord Zaela.
See Blackrock Spire.
Before the release of the Patch 3.0.8 expansion, the raid required completion of the quest  , to acquire the Seal of Ascension. However, this is no longer needed, as the door that leads to Upper Blackrock Spire is now permanently open.
To enter the Upper Spire, use the same entrance as the Lower Spire and follow the left wall as you enter. You will ascend a small flight of stairs and into a hall with smaller side chambers. Each chamber is filled with mobs and a small glowing rune. Defeating the mobs in a chamber will deactivate a rune and once each has faded, a double door at the back of the hall will open.
- (Tier 0.5 Summon)
- Blackhand Veteran: Shield Charge (Knockbacks the enemy and knocks him down), Shield Slam
- Blackhand Dreadweaver: Curse of Thorns (Chance to take damage when attacking), Veil of Shadow (Reduce effectiveness of healing spells on target by 50%), Shadowbolt
- Blackhand Summoner: Fireball, Frost Nova, Summon Blackhand Veteran/Dreadweaver (Summons a Veteran or Dreadweaver to help)
- Blackhand Elite: Backhand (Knocked down for 1 sec)
- Blackhand Dragon Handler: Mend Dragon (Heal target allied dragon every sec for 10 sec)
- Blackhand Incarcerator (non elite): Strike (Same as Heroic Strike), Encage (30 sec stun, channeled)
- Blackhand Iron Guard: Shield Slam, Shield Wall (10 sec duration)
- Blackhand Assassin: Gouge, Backstab, Slice and Dice
Rage Talon Dragonspawn
- Rage Talon Dragonspawn: Fixate (Focus on attacking the target for 15 sec), Frenzy (Caster's attack speed and damage increased for 10sec), Strike, Sunder Armor
- Rage Talon Flamescale: Fireball Volley (AoE Fireballs), Fire Nova (2 sec cast, AoE Fire spell around the caster's radius), Flamestrike
- Rage Talon Dragon Guard: Shield Slam, Cleave, Sunder Armor
- Rage Talon Flame Tongue: Flame Buffet (1.5 sec cast, Fire damage and increases damage taken from fire spells. Stacks up to 5 times), Fire Blast, Fire Nova (2 sec cast, AoE Fire spell around the caster's radius)
- Rage Talon Captain: Knock Away (Knockback), Arcing Smash (Similar to Cleave)
- Chromatic Dragonspawn: Cleave
- Chromatic Whelp (non elite): Frostbolt, Fireball Volley (AoE Fireballs). Lightning Bolt
Obtained from Duke Hydraxis on the island northeast of the southern peninsula of Azshara
-  Takes you to the Eastern Plaguelands (No longer obtainable after patch 3.0.8)
- [57r] Takes you to Silithus
-  : (Burning Steppes) Given by Tinkee Steamboil in Flame Crest
Lower Blackrock Spire
- [60D] Starts from an item of the same name dropped by Overlord Wyrmthalak in LBRS
-  Given by Count Remington Ridgewell in the Petitioner's Chamber in Stormwind Keep
Upper Blackrock Spire
- [60d] Given by Awbee just as you exit Blackrock Stadium, this quest chain leads to epic plate and mail armor
- [60d] Given by Finkle Einhorn in The Furnace, after he emerges from the belly of The Beast
-  Given by Haleh in Mazthoril. This is the final step of the 16 part quest chain that begins in the Burning Steppes ends with the Onyxia key. This quest seems to have been removed, as you no longer need the key for Onyxia's Lair.
-  (requires Armorsmith specialization)
|How to solo Upper Blackrock Spire|
See Blackrock Spire loot.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Updated to a level 100 dungeon.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Converted into a 5-man dungeon.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): No longer requires the Seal of Ascension to enter.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Capped at ten players.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005):
- Capped at fifteen players.
- Some Blackrock Spire bosses will now properly display their true level, instead of being considered world bosses (who do not display level).