|This is a rough draft of a project|
|This is a WoWWiki Project, a collaboration of editors improving articles and other content related to a particular subject.|
Welcome to the WoWWiki Mage Project, an effort to improve all mage-related articles on WoWWiki.
The Mage Project exists to improve and maintain WoWWiki articles related to the mage class. This includes mage spells, talents, builds, tactics, theorycraft, famous mages in Lore, quests, items, gear, and anything else essential to the discriminating arcanist.
To join, post a message on the project talk page and put [[Category:Mage project members]] on your user page to signify your membership.
Current project tasks
Mage ability articles
Good mage ability articles should meet each of these criteria. Add your improvements and check off articles that meet criteria in the table below.
- Uses boilerplate Help:Ability articles.
- Article lead should describe the ability in one or two sentences, then describe primary uses generally.
- Correct rank table. Be sure training costs do not have faction discounts applied.
- Talent improvements described thoroughly in plain English.
- Damage spells should have correct spell damage coefficients.
- Tips and tactics for PvE (solo and raid) and PvP.
- Past changes from patch notes.
- A good image demonstrating the ability.
Amplify Magic - Arcane Blast - Arcane Brilliance - Arcane Explosion - Arcane Intellect - Arcane Power - Arcane Missiles - Blink - Conjure Food - Conjure Mana Stone - Conjure Water - Counterspell - Dampen Magic - Detect Magic - Invisibility - Evocation - Mage Armor - Mana Shield - Polymorph - Portal (Spell) - Presence of Mind - Remove Lesser Curse - Slow Fall - Slow - Spellsteal - Teleport
Mage builds, playstyles, tactics
Add to this list any article that documents a mage build, a playstyle, or specific mage tactic in detail. Eventually, Mage builds and Mage tactics should be updated. Suggest any new articles that are not covered.
- Mage builds - update for level 70
- Mage tactics - needs considerable cleanup
- Frost AoE grinding
- Three-Minute Mage
- Frost mage
- Fire mage
- Arcane mage
- Elementalist - stub, needs expansion
New spells/talents to be added in WotLK
- Arcane Barrage;
- Missile Barrage;
- Fingers of Frost;
- Brain Freeze;
- Living Bomb;
- Netherwind Presence;
- Frostfire Bolt;
- Mirror Image;
- Polymorph: Black Cat;
- Polymorph: Serpent;
- Hot Streak;
- Chilled to the Bone;
- Deep Freeze;