|This article or section is likely to dramatically change once Legion begins.
|Casting time||Instant cast|
Wind Shear is a core shaman ability learned at level 22. It is an instant cast spell that interrupting spellcasting from the target, and it also prevents the target from casting for three seconds any spell that uses the same School of magic as the interrupted spell.
- Wind Shear was added to replace rank 1 Earth Shock as a cheap non-damaging interrupt.
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Level available changed to 22 from 16. Cost no mana from 9.4% of base mana.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Wind Shear no longer affects threat.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Wind Shear's base cooldown has been adjusted to 15 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added.