|Source information needed!
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is the seventh expansion for World of Warcraft revealed at BlizzCon 2017 and announced for release on August 14, 2018. The Alliance, led by King Anduin and Genn Greymane, attacked Lordaeron, Warchief Sylvanas' base at Undercity, in response to the Horde burning down Teldrassil. The factions are at war. Between the Alliance-controlled Eastern Kingdoms and the Horde-controlled Kalimdor is the Great Sea. It is in this Sea that a majority of the expansion will take place.
|Americas (PDT)||Europe (CEST)||Taiwan (CST)||Korea (KST)||ANZ (AEST)||UTC|
* To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 14 in local time.
- Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion’s crusade—but even as the world’s wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your allies and champion your faction’s cause—Azeroth’s future will be forged in the fires of war.
- Experience the relentless conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga. Play through six new zones filled with new World Quests, new World Bosses, new raids and more as you determine whether the Horde or Alliance will shape Azeroth’s future.
- In World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth™, the seventh expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game, the fall of the Burning Legion sets off a series of disastrous incidents that reignites the conflict at the heart of the Warcraft® saga. As a new age of warfare begins, Azeroth’s heroes must set out on a journey to recruit new allies, race to claim the world’s mightiest resources in order to turn the tides of war, and fight on several fronts to determine whether the Horde or Alliance will lead Azeroth into its uncertain future.
- EXPLORE TWO FABLED KINGDOMS – As a champion of the Horde, travel to Zandalar to persuade the trolls to lend their naval might to the war effort. As a defender of the Alliance, sail to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause. Once you’ve successfully recruited one of these proud kingdoms to your faction, infiltrate the enemy’s newly claimed territory.
- REDISCOVER AZEROTH AS NEW ALLIED RACES – Take a new form for your adventures as new playable Allied Races. Embark on a quest to earn the favor of the Lightforged draenei, Highmountain tauren, Nightborne, Void elves, Dark Iron dwarves, and Zandalari trolls to unlock each race and add their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.
- PLUNDER THE ISLANDS OF THE GREAT SEA – Explore Azeroth’s uncharted isles in Island Expeditions. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders (or enemy players) to collect the island’s resources and fuel the war effort. Constantly evolving challenges await as you traverse frozen landscapes near Northrend, open the gates of an abandoned Gilnean castle, navigate a war between elementals, and more.
- CHARGE INTO THE WARFRONTS – Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops siege the objective, and fight the enemy commander in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.
- INFUSE YOUR ARMOR WITH TITANIC MIGHT – Seek out Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Legion’s wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
- BATTLE TO LEVEL 120 – Trace the seeping corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Land of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10 new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
There are two new faction-based continents, each with three zones. These are Kul Tiras for the Alliance and Zandalar for the Horde.
- Kul Tiras: Kul Tiras was founded 3 thousand years ago. Over the next 2,500 years, they built an enormous Navy. It is ruled by four houses and there are three main territories. The Alliance seeks their help as a counterbalance to the Horde's new naval might from Zandalar.
- Zandalar: An ancient troll empire. Today they have a powerful naval force, which makes them sought after by the Horde. The continent is in turmoil. There are three main regions. The Horde gains assistance from the Zandalari fleet quickly while they help tamp down their troubles.
New level 110 - 120 subzones
- Tiragarde Sound: Contains the capital city of Kul Tiras. Alliance Hub. Led by Katherine Proudmoore. Monster hunters, specializing in sea monsters. Troubled by pirates.
- Drustvar: Forested mountain region; Ruled by House Waycrest. Supplies arms to Kul Tiras. Drustvar is cursed and that has caused supplies to be reduced.
- Stormsong Valley: Ruled by House Stormsong. Provides ships to Kul Tiras. Each ship must be blessed. Dark forces are invading. There are lots and lots of quillboars.
- Zuldazar: Also the name of the capital of the Zandalar and Zandalari trolls throughout Azeroth - will also be the regional capital for the horde. Horde Hub. Ruled by King Rastakhan. Need to investigate an uprising. Stop blood troll invaders.
- Nazmir: Was a lush forest but started sinking into the sea. Is now a festering swampland. We will need to defeat blood trolls. We will need the help of power Loa, the troll gods. Uncover titan secrets.
- Vol'dun: Once a vibrant jungle, but now a desert. Since the desert considered largely uninhabitable, prisoners are exiled there. During exploration of Vol'dun, you will come across a race called Sethrak, a cobra-like creature, and Vulpera, a fox-like creature.
Dungeons and Raids
- Freehold (Tiragarde Sound)
- Atal'Dazar (Zuldazar)
- Kings' Rest (Zuldazar?)
- Shrine of the Storm (Stormsong Valley)
- Siege of Boralus (Tiragarde Sound)
- Temple of Sethraliss (Vol'dun?)
- Tol Dagor (Stormsong Valley?)
- The Underrot (Nazmir)
- Waycrest Manor (Drustvar)
- Uldir: Halls of Control, 8 bosses, Titan quarantine facility. Face off against the source of the Zandalari's corruption. Player's will face off against Queen Azshara.
- Allied races: Our new allies will join the factions and players will be able to unlock the ability to play their race. There are 6 planned for launch. Horde: Nightborne, Highmountain tauren, Zandalari troll. Alliance: Void elf, Lightforged draenei, Dark Iron dwarf. Additional races are planned for the future. Receive a Heritage Armor set, if you level an allied race character to level 110.
- Heart of Azeroth: Our world is direly wounded. Players will be summoned via Magni Bronzebeard to Azeroth herself. She will gift players with a medallion called the . Her life essence seeps from the world in the form of . When players wearing the medallion come in contact with azerite, this sought after resource becomes a source of power for selected pieces of armor, providing players a way to level them up. This feature replaces the artifact system of World of Warcraft: Legion. Currently the plan of development is to limit the upgrade system to 3 pieces of armor. Players will be able to choose the stats they want to better fit their play-style.
- Island Expeditions: 3-Player co-op with optional 3v3 gameplay. Players will explore uncharted isles across the Great Sea. There is azerite and other unclaimed resources bubbling to the surface that is highly sought by both factions. Complete varied and dynamic objectives with a large variety of challenges to overcome. Race against advanced AI opponents designed to thwart players using tactical and strategic moves that consistently change. Optionally, players can choose to race against other players, creating a 3v3 PvP environment.
- Warfronts: Large scale conflict on the homefront. Fantasy anchored in Warcraft 2, RTS roots. 20 player versus NPC armies. Build structures, research upgrades, and match wits with advanced NPCs.
- War Campaign: Faction-specific arc of encounters, events, and quests starting around level 110 that eventually unlocks content on the opposing faction's continent at max level 120.
- World PvP changes: PvE vs PvP server division will be removed. Players will be able to opt into PvP on any server using War Mode option.
- New Battleground: The Seething Shore, where Horde and Alliance descend upon Silithus to fight over Azerite bubbling to the surface with gameplay incuding dynamic control points. Previewed in Patch 7.3.5.
- New monsters: Crawg, drust, krolusk, mawfiend, quillrat, sethrak, siren, woody aberrations, and many new dinosaurs on the islands of Zandalar.
The patch preceding the full release of Battle for Azeroth came with the following:
- Stat squish
- Artifact Power is no longer available for Artifact Weapons, and traits are now inactive
- Some traits have been incorporated into the class/spec by default
- Players just starting Legion will still acquire artifacts, but they will scale up in power as they level
- Profession changes include separating recipes out by expansion, with their own progression, removal of First Aid (bandages made by Tailors, Anti-Venom made by Alchemists now)
- War Mode
- New content that will only exist between this last patch and the release of Battle for Azeroth, dubbed the War of the Thorns for max-level characters only
- Finale scenario that will be the prelude to the expansion, the Battle for Lordaeron
- Concept art
- Cinematic stills
- Developer Q&As
- Returning player guides
- Although created by BellularGaming, these videos were posted on the official WorldofWarcraft channel.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-04-05. Battle for Azeroth™ Arrives August 14. World of Warcraft official game site (US).
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-06-07. Battle for Azeroth™: One Launch to Rule Them All. Wprld of Warcraft official game site.
- ^ http://blizzard.gamespress.com/World-of-Warcraft-Battle-for-Azeroth-BlizzCon-2017-Press-Kit
- ^ a b https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
- ^ a b c d e f https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21182074/world-of-warcraft-at-blizzcon-2017
- ^ a b http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/7117-BlizzCon-2017-World-of-Warcraft-What-s-Next
- Battle for Azeroth portal at WoWWiki
- Patch 8.0.1 (α patch)
- War of the Thorns pre-expansion event
- Battle for Lordaeron pre-expansion event
- Before the Storm
- A Good War (novella)
- Elegy (novella)
- Old Soldier (short cinematic)
- Warbringers (animated shorts)
- Expansion 7
- Public client builds
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Digital Deluxe Edition
- Official patch notes
- Datamining log
- Factions overview