Battle.net or Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals (also known as WWI) are real-life events similar to the championship tournaments that occur at BlizzCons, but which usually take place in other locations around the world other than the U.S.A. They usually consist of RTS and MMO arena tournaments.
Events with the name of "Worldwide Invitational" effectively stopped after 2008, but similar events have continued. The World of Warcraft-related events are called "Arena Invitationals" or "World of Warcraft Invitationals".
- Worldwide Invitational 2004 in Seoul, Korea
- Worldwide Invitational 2006 in Seoul, Korea
- Worldwide Invitational 2007 in Seoul, Korea
- Also Warcraft III Season 4 Global Finals 2007 in Cologne, Germany
- Worldwide Invitational 2008 in Paris, France
- Battle.net World Championship Event
- World of Warcraft Arena Global Invitational
- World of Warcraft Arena World Championship