|This article or section is likely to dramatically change once Legion begins.
- Were you looking for information on defeating Ysondre prior to Cataclysm, see or the boss in the Emerald Nightmare raid, see ?
Ysondre is one of the four Dragons of Nightmare.
In recent times, Ysera's most trusted lieutenants have been warped by a dark new power within the Emerald Dream. Now these wayward sentinels have passed through the Great Trees into Azeroth, intending to spread madness and terror throughout the mortal kingdoms.
Once one of Ysera's most trusted lieutenants, Ysondre has now gone rogue, sowing terror and chaos across the land of Azeroth. Her formerly beneficial healing powers have given way to dark magics, enabling her to cast smoldering lightning and summon the crazed spirits of druids trapped within the Emerald Dream to aid her. Twisted and insane, Ysondre is bent on unleashing vengeance upon the mortal world as if Azeroth were the force behind the Emerald Dream's corruption.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Ysondre is the last of the Dragons of Nightmare, and although she has been saved from the nightmare, she states she can never return to the green dragonflight. Emeriss and Lethon are already dead; Ysondre helps players kill Taerar during a quest chain in Feralas.
She starts the following quests:
- It is interesting to note that although the other dragon's quotes have words with negative effects ("DISEASE", "NIGHTMARE" and "SHADOW") in capitals, Ysondre's word "LIFE" bears a strong meaning to druids and dragons alike.
- While the eyes of Lethon, Emeriss and Taerar are wide open, Ysondre's eyes are closed.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Now a questgiver in Feralas instead of a raid boss.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Added.